Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what kinda of adhesive to put my white face gauges on my car... I got some details and I would have got it all done myself minus the wiring, but what type style of glue/adhesive is everybody using that has good results... BTW I live in TX so it's gets really hot inside of the vehicles...

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
maybe some of that spray adhesive they sell at the auto store? *ponders

and yeah ashley probably used duct tape.....shes "weird" like that

·
Registered
183 Posts
i used a hot glue gun, it worked awesome and i live in dallas, and yes the glue holds up in the summer

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
Liquid Nails seems a little excessive for the application (ie Ashley used tape...). But then again I haven't done white face gauges, yet...

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Originally posted by Firespirit+Aug 11 2004, 10:00 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Firespirit @ Aug 11 2004, 10:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-tmonster@Aug 11 2004, 09:56 PM
and yeah ashley probably used duct tape.....shes "weird" like that
Excuse me! It wasnt duct tape :lol: It was clear paper tape! You know ,the one you used for your unibrow and hood scoop. :lol: [/b][/quote]
:notworthy:

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Originally posted by snakeeyes@Aug 20 2004, 09:35 PM
Anyone tried using liquid nail ? I think its made by 3M. The stuff holds like crazy. Its used in construction alot.
Liquid nails is definitely way too excessive. You don't need to secure the roof of your car to the roof of your house. That stuff is some serious adhesive, and once it's on there, it'll never come off.

The most agressive adhesive that you'll need would be hot glue. It'll hold very well and it's removable when you want it to be. You can just pry it off the plastic substrate when you want to.

JR

·
Registered
352 Posts
Originally posted by godspunk32+Aug 21 2004, 09:07 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (godspunk32 @ Aug 21 2004, 09:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-snakeeyes@Aug 20 2004, 09:35 PM
Anyone tried using liquid nail ? I think its made by 3M. The stuff holds like crazy. Its used in construction alot.
Liquid nails is definitely way too excessive. You don't need to secure the roof of your car to the roof of your house. That stuff is some serious adhesive, and once it's on there, it'll never come off.

The most agressive adhesive that you'll need would be hot glue. It'll hold very well and it's removable when you want it to be. You can just pry it off the plastic substrate when you want to.

JR [/b][/quote]
Funny. :lol2:

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I'm doing this tomorrow.

From what I read, to set up the gauges, all you need to do is connect the power wire to the brown wire of the headlight switch, and the ground to the chassis of the car. Hopefully it'll all work out well. I'm just going to use some sort of tape to fasten this stuff on there, since I don't have a hot glue gun.

JR

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Actually, I just looked at the wiring diagrams from my Chilton's and found that the wire from the headlight switch is red/yellow. Can someone confirm this or check a Haynes manual (mine's in my trunk)???

JR

·
Registered
336 Posts
Originally posted by godspunk32@Aug 21 2004, 02:40 PM
Actually, I just looked at the wiring diagrams from my Chilton's and found that the wire from the headlight switch is red/yellow. Can someone confirm this or check a Haynes manual (mine's in my trunk)???

JR
The others are correct, brown is the only switched hot line, the others will have your gauges on 24/7. I tried them all first :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts