Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
actually man, the image of theh gauges that procarparts shows is the same for all the years. they did this so there wouldnt be so many images making it harder and more confusing when coding the webpage and whatnot also saving space on their server. i know this because that image is exactly the same for the 96-99 gauges they have listed because im about to order those exact same ones (anyone feel free to correct me if im wrong). i wouldnt worry about differences in the pictures that are shown. i would say trust the company and order anyway, but not everything can be trusted so i suggest calling the company and asking them about it. or check out their return/refund policy, and if its foolproof and good then order the gauges you want, if they dont match right then send them back.

1] Check Engine Light:
---'02: Icon
---ProCarParts: Text
i wouldnt worry about that at all, thats just modifying your car, no big deal whether its a picture or text, displays the same thing.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Originally posted by submariner@Aug 1 2004, 06:10 PM
2] Upper center left pod:
---'02: Traction Control
---ProCarParts: sizzling bacon?
I'm sorry... that had me cracking up!!

"Oh look, Honey! The car is done cooking our bacon! What'll they think of next?"

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Rubix@Aug 1 2004, 04:56 PM
...check out their return/refund policy...

1] Check Engine Light:
i wouldnt worry about that at all, thats just modifying your car, no big deal whether its a picture or text, displays the same thing.
Well their refund policy isn't the best:

Refunds will be issued in store credit ONLY (no cash refunds). Exceptions to the policy include damaged products, defective items, incorrect items, or if the return is a result of our error. Refunds will be issued only when the item’s condition has been proven via pictures, labels, or upon our inspection. At our discretion, we may reimburse shipping charges or issue a pre-paid shipping label for a return when an original shipping receipt is provided.
A one-time restocking fee of 20% will be applied to all returned products. Shipping and handling fees are not refundable.

as far as the icon/text part, it's an overlay, so the light would not display correctly... call me picky, but I just want something that looks right

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
i understand your pickiness, i am the same way: if your gonna do something, do it right, know what im sayin? anyway, i agree about that refund policy-it's not the best. however, lets say you order the gauges and when you install them theyre not right (the icons dont match up right, like you said). well i see that as a defective item that qualifies for refund/return.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Rubix@Aug 2 2004, 11:58 AM
i understand your pickiness, i am the same way: if your gonna do something, do it right, know what im sayin? anyway, i agree about that refund policy-it's not the best. however, lets say you order the gauges and when you install them theyre not right (the icons dont match up right, like you said). well i see that as a defective item that qualifies for refund/return.
hmmm... good point... it would also qualify as an 'incorrect item' as well... I'll probably order them mid month or so...

Now the question is... Silver or white? I like the illumination on the silver (not too fond of the light-up center of the white ones) but I like the italic font on the white ones...

Argh! decisions! :blink:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by Rubix@Aug 2 2004, 12:12 PM
what color is the interior of yoru car? the exterior is blue right?
Blue, with the Grey (blah) interior

Personally, I think the beige interior would have looked better with the shade of blue on the exterior, but that's WAY to involved a mod for me to undertake!

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Such a strange world us gen 4 owners live in. They make altezzas...body kits...etc for our cars, yet something as simple as indiglo/reverse white faced gauges, nobody has made. Its a travesty i tell you. thats why im just changing all of my interior colors to red. (yes, i know how involved that process is)

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Originally posted by submariner@Aug 1 2004, 06:10 PM
I'm desperately wanting white gauges for my '02, and the only place I've seen them is ProCarParts.com. They look good at first... and they SAY they fit '00-'03... but they won't work right in an '02 (and most likely an '03 as well, if not more.) Here's why:

This is from the Owner's Guide for the 2002 Taurus (best representation of layout):
http://homepage.mac.com/aslater18/tcca/02man.jpg' alt='' width='611' height='266' class='attach' />[/url]

This is what procarparts.com sells and lists as '00-'03:
[url=http://homepage.mac.com/aslater18/tcca/procar.jpg][img]http://homepage.mac.com/aslater18/tcca/procar.jpg' alt='' width='531' height='182' class='attach' />[/url]

Here's the inaccuracies I found:

1] Check Engine Light:

2] Upper center left pod:
---'02: Traction Control
---ProCarParts: sizzling bacon? engine overheat? not sure on that one...

3] Left Turn Triad (order left to right, top to bottom):
---'02: High Beam, Washer Fluid (not shown but the light is still there), Left Arrow
---ProCarParts: Washer Fluid, High Beam, Left Arrow

4] Lower Right Pod (left to right):
---'02: Check Transaxle Icon, ABS Icon, Fuel Cap Icon, Cruise
---ProCarParts: O/D Off, Lamp Out, ABS Icon, Cruise

Everything else is right, of course, leave it up to Ford to change such minor details... but I still want white gauges... does anbody know who has some with the correct lineup? :( [/b][/quote]
I wrote this company, and they said that they don't have them that will fit my 2003 taurus... order at your own risk! id write tech support to make sure man,.. incase they didnt get ones for the gen 4 taurus in..

Jesse

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
UPDATE: I got the gauges today, man the silver ones are classy

BUT

My fears were correct. The gauges use the Gen 3 icon arrangement as described in the pics.

Good news for readers:

I'll be the guinea pig and cut up the gauges and go along with my project as planned. downside is the Engine overtemp/traction control light in the temp gauge. I'm not worried there, my Taurus does not have traction control, so I'll never see or use that light anyways.

Installation tonight!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts