Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I've got this strange whining noise and occasionally a noise that sounds like morse code, lol, coming from my subs and 6x9s. They are both running off of the same amp. This problem only started today after I had to jump my Bull off. Is it possible that I need a better ground or is it possible that something is causing a drain on the battery and maybe causing the noise? Please help...

Thanks...

·
Registered
221 Posts
are your speaker and power wires run on the same side of the car? if not you could be getting some interference

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, made sure to run them on seperate sides. This is crazy. It just all of a sudden started. Maybe I'll recheck my ground...

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
battery may be weak.....my moms factory stereo did this when the battery was bad in her Villager.... And since you sad you got jumped, sounds like your battery isnt taking a charge...or the alternator doesnt have enough to charge the battery and run your system...........I'd run to the auto store and have the battery and alternator tested.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Does the whine change pitch or volume when you push on the accelerator or turn on your air conditioning? You may need a ground loop isolator.

I had a Kicker ZR??? amp running my subs. No problems. I added a cheap 4-ch amp and got a lot of whine through my speakers. Subs were fine. Swapped some wires around betwwen the amps and the whine stayed with the cheap amp. I got a RCA ground loop isolator from RadioShack and it took away the whining noise.

Derek

·
Registered
370 Posts
Definitely grounding issues with a whine. A ground loop isolator is the fix like stated above.

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
A ground loop isolator will fix the problem but I must add that the battery being weak is where it is coming from. My car started to do the same thing when I got it jump started and I am not running any amps at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts