Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No sorry guys I dont, but it sounds like it. Actually I have a problem with my Bonestock Vulcan, and now that I've got your attention, and hope I didnt let you down too bad can ya help me out?

My problem is the power steering, its leaking like crazy. Just started happening. I can't drive more then a few miles before I need to put (alot) more in. It seems that the yellow tube in which you fill/check the power steering fluid, on the underside of it, it seems that is where the fluid is leaking. I can't tell for sure because it is well hidden, but with a feel of my hand and burning on the manifold that seems to be it. It must be cracked? not quite sure though.

Now what do I do about it, no more driving the car because all this low fluid even though I keep topping it off will eventually kill the motor/rack n pinion. Is that whole assembly replaceable? OK it probably is, but what would need to be done to do it, and could I get a junk yard unit to replace it? I would like to get a sound clip up soon of it, just hearing a vulcan with a supercharger like whine. Thanks Guys, and a Happy New Year!

Nick Saturday

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
I just went through a similar ordeal with my '99 'tec. The Vulcan setup is different. My problem turned out to be a blown seal in the rack. I had already replaced the pump thinking that was the problem. So now I have a new pump and a new rack.

Now if I can only convince my girlfriend to get a new rack!

(j/k her rack is just fine
)

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Originally posted by mikehawk@Jan 2 2004, 02:49 AM
A picture's worth a thousand words.
I don't think ANYONE could have said that better mike.

-mobiuslogic

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Originally posted by mobiuslogic+Jan 2 2004, 02:45 AM-->QUOTE (mobiuslogic @ Jan 2 2004, 02:45 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-mikehawk
@Jan 2 2004, 02:49 AM
A picture's worth a thousand words. 
I don't think ANYONE could have said that better mike.

-mobiuslogic [/b]
As much as I like to share, I think I'm gonna keep this one all to myself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts