Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 SE, factory AM/FM CD with (4) Pioneer TS-A6882R speakers. Do I replace the RCU with the Mach, or install an aftermarket amplifier such as the Pioneer GM 6300F or Alpine MRP-F300?

Which is going to give me the most bang-for-buck? (Mach RCU vs. Pioneer is approx same price, Alpine is 50% more $$)

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Depends how lazy you are. Buying the Mach, it's three bolts and the wiring harness is a direct plug-in. Buying an amp, you'd have to cut the speaker wires coming out of the stock RCU, splice those going to the amp, and then run the amp's output back to the speaker wires you cut.

I'm not sure how much better it sounds by adding an amp to the stock RCU over just adding the Mach RCU though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends how lazy you are. Buying the Mach, it's three bolts and the wiring harness is a direct plug-in. Buying an amp, you'd have to cut the speaker wires coming out of the stock RCU, splice those going to the amp, and then run the amp's output back to the speaker wires you cut.

I'm not sure how much better it sounds by adding an amp to the stock RCU over just adding the Mach RCU though.
[/b]

The work involved either way is not really a concern. At most I am looking at an hour or two...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2005 SE, factory AM/FM CD with (4) Pioneer TS-A6882R speakers. Do I replace the RCU with the Mach, or install an aftermarket amplifier such as the Pioneer GM 6300F or Alpine MRP-F300?

Which is going to give me the most bang-for-buck? (Mach RCU vs. Pioneer is approx same price, Alpine is 50% more $$)
[/b]

Anyone out there who has done the Mach upgrade, then been dissatisfied and upgraded to an aftermarket amp afterward?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts