Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought the Taurus I had now, I had a choice of two from two different people. Which would have been better.

Choice 1:
1993 Ford Taurus GL
38,500 original miles
3.0 Engine
$2800

Choice 2:
1995 Ford Taurus LX
80,000 original miles
Loaded to the gills
3.0 Engine
$3500

I bought choice 1 and I couldn't be happier with it. But I was just wondering which would have been better?

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Unless you can't live with some of the extras that comes with the LX, and it was maintained religiously (doubtful I'd go with the lower mileage car...it's cheaper too.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
It all depends on what was done with Choice #2. If a lot of work has been done, it could be the better choice. Cars don't like sitting around.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Work was done religiously on the 93 every record of work on the car I have. About 98% of the work was done at the Ford Dealer. It had new tires and a new battery when I bought it. I am glad with the choice I have. The only 2 features I wish it had were Power Locks and Power Windows.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
or even go to a scrapyard and get yourself 4 door the same color with power lock and windows and with the wire stack that goes into the door and in your car you have the plug to put this in easy as 1 2 3 4 4 door and 1 plug but you have to remove the carpet and the seat should take about 1 2 hrs max me use to this so 30 min lollllll

and there you have a 4 door eclectric and trus me everything you need is htere cus this is a ford and it alway there cuz it all the same car just without the wiring harnest so about 200 for the doorand the harnest at the scrap and there you go

and if there is none ine your ares come and join me here in canada there lot ofthose lolllllllllll

·
Registered
668 Posts
Originally posted by mooby@Jul 5 2004, 02:11 PM
or even go to a scrapyard and get yourself 4 door the same color with power lock and windows and with the wire stack that goes into the door and in your car you have the plug to put this in easy as 1 2 3 4 4 door and 1 plug but you have to remove the carpet and the seat should take about 1 2 hrs max me use to this so 30 min lollllll

and there you have a 4 door eclectric and trus me everything you need is htere cus this is a ford and it alway there cuz it all the same car just without the wiring harnest so about 200 for the doorand the harnest at the scrap and there you go

and if there is none ine your ares come and join me here in canada there lot ofthose lolllllllllll
:huh:

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No thank you I won't replace the doors just for that. We have wrecking yards around here and there are not any Tauruses laying around that look as good as mine.
I was wondering though can dealer's install these items?

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Can people please just hit spellcheck? I could barely understand a word you said mooby, and it looks like cap had the same reaction.

JR

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I'm sure that a dealer could install them, but I don't know if you'd want to. They'd probably charge you out the pooper! Check with an aftermarket audio installation shop in your area. They would be able to do it, and it would probably cost much less than a dealership...

An independent shop would also allow you to use aftermarket stuff, where the dealership might make you use OEM parts, which typically cost more...

JR

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
sorry but my typed english is sometime really **** up and im really rusted up in typed english sorry

you could get the whole 4 door or only the mecanism with the wiring :p would be really cheaper to install it yourself

even come to canada ill get you everything for aabout 200 canadian $$ lolllll installed too :chili:

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts

:ph34r:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts