Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just scored a pretty good deal on a set of 16 inch, OEM rims (4 rims and center caps for $60). Currently I have the 15 inch that I will use with winter tires and I just dropped off the 16 inch at storage until after the new year to have some three season tires installed. Currently it’s running 205/65 –15s and I’m going to run 225s (I don’t remember the height, I think it was 55) on the 16 inch wheels.

These are the wheels that I just bought.

Can anyone of you fine folks tell me what type of lug nut that it uses? I know that it is an M 12 x 1.5. (please disregard the green checkmark and red Xs.

Sent from some little thing I hear voices from.

·
Registered
6,575 Posts
My bet is the straight taper because they are the normal ones used on my Ford rims. If you look at the rims you bought, the lug must match the taper of the rim.

Do you have winters in Oakland, California?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My bet is the straight taper...

Do you have winters in Oakland, California?

Straight, taper. Do you mean the first one or the last one?

Don’t really have winters here other than rain and cooler temperatures. But I am moving (back) to New England, hopefully within a few months.

·
Registered
9,609 Posts
Straight, taper. Do you mean the first one or the last one?

Don’t really have winters here other than rain and cooler temperatures. But I am moving (back) to New England, hopefully within a few months.

First one with the green check. Note: it is called "bulge" so there is more taper contact with the allow wheel. Most are stainless capped for exposed use. Very common among lots of vehicles. My Buick used the exact same capped as my 2 Sables.

-chart-

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you CM. Off to Amazon to get lug nuts and maybe tires if they have a great deal. Would like to find some Michelins or Continentals but will also take Goodyears or Hankooks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
mcsteven
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing