Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1999 wagon with the 24v duratec motor. my friend has sway bars out of a SHO. forget which year he said. what years sway bars from SHO's will fit my car?

·
'MT5 Plus' Wagon Builder
1,235 Posts
On the front any and all years. The back- none. You can go with a Gen 1 wagon for thicker rear bars. The biggest I found was 18mm.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Most people like to get the 24mm (Front) 26mm (rear) combo from the Gen I SHO.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
QUOTE (fdogg96 @ Jun 8 2010, 09:02 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=810575
Most people like to get the 24mm (Front) 26mm (rear) combo from the Gen I SHO.[/b]
The rear suspension is completely different between the sedans and wagons. Only a wagon rear sway bar will fit on the wagons. A 24mm front bar paired with an 18mm rear bar is going to handle pretty badly.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I have a 96 wagon and it has a 13mm rear sway bar. I know some say the 18mm gen 1 will fit the gen 3 with no issues. I have never seen one so I can't say too much abut it. However I do know the back of the muffler on the dual exhaust Duratec comes very close the the existing sway bar. I would be concerned that it may scrape the muffler it it is not precise.

I have been looking for a gen 1 wagon in the bone yards since I have heard this and can not find any.

If anyone has done this on a dual exhaust I would be interested to know how it went and how did it effect the ride?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts