Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
I would get new coils. I had a shop do the struts on my old taurus and they said the springs looked good and reused them. they broke shortly after. They replaced them with free labor though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its miles, unbelievable uhh ?? I have had several shops look over the car prior to me buying it and they cant believe it runs as good as it does. It needs the parts that have exceeded fords capabilites lol ,, the struts , coils, controlarms and ball joints, and bushings are stock ford pieces from the factory. Fortunately I live in the south and the undercarriage is rust free. I got it from the second owner for $600 and havent looked back since (2months ago). Its got cold a/c, hot heats, and runs and shifts really good. The shifter feels alittle mushy, like theres rubber bushings that need replacing, any ideas ??? Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Never do KYB for a Gen2. Monroes are okay but if you plan to do any racing then Konis are the way to go. I would replace the springs with Moogs or Intrax.

We have a few strut options: Suspension- Struts - SHO Source
Hey man can you pm me a price for the sensa tracs set for 4 and a set of eibach springs. I want a really nice stance, a little lower then stock but not scraping the ground low. Im running the stock slicers at the moment, but will be upgrading to 17s or 18s. Thanks

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Its miles, unbelievable uhh ?? I have had several shops look over the car prior to me buying it and they cant believe it runs as good as it does. It needs the parts that have exceeded fords capabilites lol ,, the struts , coils, controlarms and ball joints, and bushings are stock ford pieces from the factory. Fortunately I live in the south and the undercarriage is rust free. I got it from the second owner for $600 and havent looked back since (2months ago). Its got cold a/c, hot heats, and runs and shifts really good. The shifter feels alittle mushy, like theres rubber bushings that need replacing, any ideas ??? Thanks
Rod shifter bushings: Rod Shifter Bushings

Hey man can you pm me a price for the sensa tracs set for 4 and a set of eibach springs. I want a really nice stance, a little lower then stock but not scraping the ground low. Im running the stock slicers at the moment, but will be upgrading to 17s or 18s. Thanks
Eibach has stopped making the Taurus springs for a while. Intrax and B&G are the only springs right now. We have the Intrax springs for sale: Suspension- Springs - SHO Source

Again the site will give you the shipping price if you put your information in.

For Intrax springs with Monroe struts the parts total would be $447.98 and the shipping shows as $126.90. I know we can greatly improve the shipping if you are interested.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.