Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so i decided that i'm getting a gen2 sho. I was looking for cars on Auto trader, and i saw two that really stuck out in my mind. I went and test drove them, and they both are in excellent condition. Everything is good when it comes to these two. The only reason i'm getting a SHO is for a car to have when my sable needs to work done to it. A spare car to say the least. Perhaps a winter car, i dunno i know that i'll keep it in good condition and such.. But anyways, what do you guys think...

Here's the first one. (it's a bit blown up
)

Here are the stats on this one.
1993 FORD TAURUS SHO, red with black interior, auto, low miles, tape and CD, very clean, $3250 /best

One to the next...

This one is personally my favorite, i'm a sucker for black cars, and it's cheaper...

Stats:
Price $3000

Mileage 94000

Exterior Color Black

Interior Color Tan

Body Style Sedan

Doors Four Door

Engine 6 Cylinder

Trans. Automatic

Fuel Type Gasoline

Drive Type 2 wheel drive
-----------------------------------------------
So are the prices right, or should i be asking for lower? Okay, much needed advise now....THANKS!!!

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
i can go look at them for you if you want...but those prices are about right on for gen 2 atx's with less then a 100k miles and a good clean exterior

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
both look nice, but i strongly dislike the rims on the black one

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
rims are replaceable rather easily....it just come down to is if you like the rest of the car...and make sure you have some extra cash on hand at all times just in case the car breaks down WHICH IT WILL....it just nickle and dime stuff that gets expensive....not usually major stuff just kinda pita stuff like maintence and such....but i do love these cars alot even though the have there problems...so i hope i didn't scare you off b/c they really are great cars and a blast to drive

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
I would go with the red one...give him an offer of 3k and he might bite. The black one...i don't like the tint, and the chrome wheels.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wheels on the black one would remind me of the 80's if I could remember them.

Does it have to be an ATX? I have a sweet 92 MTX available for $2k that would be perfect for what you want it for. I'd even be willing to meet you with the car in Niagara or something. (I know, here goes Bob with his Niagara crap again). <_<

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would go with the red one.
That's cool that you're getting one, that's sort of what I want to do (Have a SHO for the same reason you do)...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Originally posted by Tman@Dec 13 2003, 09:15 PM
rims are replaceable rather easily....it just come down to is if you like the rest of the car...and make sure you have some extra cash on hand at all times just in case the car breaks down WHICH IT WILL....it just nickle and dime stuff that gets expensive....not usually major stuff just kinda pita stuff like maintence and such....but i do love these cars alot even though the have there problems...so i hope i didn't scare you off b/c they really are great cars and a blast to drive
SHOs are only expensive to own if the previous owner(s) neglected the car by not maintaining it and you continue to abuse it without the proper maintenance. Lots of SHO folks will tell you that a clean, well-maintained SHO is worth it's weight in gold. Abuse yours and you're only doing a disservice to yourself and any future owner of your SHO. Note that this isn't aimed personally towards you, Tman, just the group in general.

Provided the ATX's in these two SHOs are in good health and the cars need no immediate attention themselves, then I'd say you've found some very good deals, Sable. The black one will need it's 100k service soon and may already need it's 60k service. I'd find out if the owner has had the top-end 60k service performed yet (plugs, wires, valve gapping and valve cover gaskets) and subtract the cost of the service from your final offer price if he/she hasn't. Taking someone like Tman along to look at the cars and give you a second opinion would also be a good idea. They could look for things you might not have thought of and may be able to perform the required services when the time comes around.

Then again, you could skip these two SHOs altogether and take Bob up on his offer. MTX SHOs are almost always a blast to drive.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I'm thinking that you ought to consider an MTX as well. You have a nice Gen III Sable with an automatic tranny and from your sig it looks like you intend to add another Sable w/automatic tranny to your lineup.

An MTX SHO would be a nice "change of pace" type of vehicle for you and would certainly put more exitement into your driving life. I know it has worked out that way for me.

Also, my intent is not to discourage you, and I'm no tranny expert by any means, but I've heard from reliable sources that the '93 ATX is the most problematic of all the years.

Whatever you decide, it's good to hear you are getting a SHO!

·
Registered
369 Posts
As much as the red one is better, I'd take the black just because your gonna be less likely to get pulled over.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LOL I love everyones thoughts on this. But to get one thing out of the way, i cannot drive a stick. I suck. I'm like completely unable to do it. I would f-up the trans in like 2 minutes. I've tried to learn...plus i always forget, when breaking....i don't even want to get into it. But i think that i'm going to get the red one. I'm gonna see if the owner will lower it a bit. Thanks for all of your opinions, i really appreicate it! Wish me luck!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Good Luck.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Originally posted by Mikeys_Taurus@Dec 14 2003, 02:26 PM
ATX's = 

If ATX's are gay and you're still driving an ATX, then what does that make you, Mikey?

Oh, and best wishes with your SHO hunt, SableBruce!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Originally posted by Mikeys_Taurus@Dec 15 2003, 01:53 AM
I yam what I yam

My torque makes up for my
ATX.
Now the boy is hiding behind his supercharger to make up for the power and torque he doesn't have NA.

Just teasin', of course.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts