Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
the first one is better!
the 96 most likely does not have a cam weld and some of the statements that seller lists are total bs
the 3rd one probably has a duratec and the owner is confusing it with the gen 1/2 3.0 SHO engine besides no pics of the engine if that is going to be one of their main selling points i think the should include a pic at least

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
:huh:

-The third link you do not want to buy. It is a SLO, no doubt about it.
-The second link you do not want to buy. V8 SHOs are nice. That one looks nice. But I'm skeptical of a v8 SHOwner who goes to all the trouble of doing an engine swap but never mentions a cam weld. That car has a near future of becoming a large paper weight, as anyone else will tell you. Hell, I imagine it was either originally a SLO and it's been converted, or the original v8 died a nasty cam failure death. Additionally that two tone interior bugs me.
-The first link. If you HAD to buy one of these three, here's your winner. Says it looks better in person, but hell it looks damn nice in those crappy pictures. While he just rebuilt the alternator, did brakes, and two new tires, there's still bound to be something wrong with it. Look into this before buying. Go look at it, give it a test drive, how does the shifting feel? How does the car sound? How's the suspension?. Get under the hood and poke around. Is there oil in the plug wells? Does owner know anything about a 60k? 120k?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Go for the red SHO.

·
Registered
154 Posts
1st link FTMFW!!

Cant beat a 5 speed....not to mention the other 2 have no clue what they are talking about. 400 hp with a tune?!?! Come on!

·
Registered
27 Posts
That's a tough decision cause I've always wanted a v-8 sho, but I think I might pick the first one cause the 5-spd. Plus it's alot cheaper and leaves more money for repairs and upgrades.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts