1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a central pneumatic 8 gallon from harbor freight its around $99bucks I've had it for at least 5 years now I use it to run my impact,air ratchet, air chisel,even used it with a gravity feed spray gun to paint my truck it has wheels on it so its easy to get around to job sites if your using it for air nailers and such for the money I paid for it it has been a great little compressor

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@jag1959,

The problem to have a larger compressor is that I will not be able to move it to upstairs when I do the hardwood floor installation.

thank you

·
Administrator
14,926 Posts
It's all relative. I have a few and use different compressors for different jobs. If you are only doing one flooring job then a slightly larger compressor isn't going to weigh much over 100 lbs and could be taken upstairs. Of course on the flip side, 1/4 inch medium duty air hose (suitable for a nailer) is cheap, you don't have to carry it upstairs to use it. It just seems like for the money you could get something more versatile. Some folks have good luck with HF compressors, some do not.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I think I would buy one big enough to do many jobs, and buy a long hose or two to run the nailer up stairs for the one project, and leave the compressor downstairs.

·
Registered
22,524 Posts
^+1. Check out the compressors at HF. I wouldn't recommend an oiless/oil-free compressor for longevity's sake. The compressor jimmyzip1980 pictured is on sale this mo. for $99 with a coupon. The 1/2" or 3/8"dr. Earthquake impact is $79 with a coupon. You can get the regular 1/2"dr. Earthquake or the 1 with the 2" extended anvil for the same price.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have the HF air compressor for a long time (almost 5 yrs) The 2.5hp 10Gal will definitely power up the 600lb ft impact wrenches easily. I use them too in hardwood flooring (mine and several of my friend's house) and cutting/grinding stubborn bolts.

the 2.0 hp 8 Gal although lower in CFM (4.0) is just ok, the 2.5hp is around 5 CFM which is what the minimum requirement for impact wrenches (1/2") and grinders/cutter.

the ones you're looking at have low CFMs, you need at least 4-5 CFM which HF could provide at a cheaper price.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts