Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What year CD changers will work for a 2000 taurus? 96-04? I found one from a 1998 sable premium and was wondering if it will work, it has the 12 pin connecter and I do have the cd button on my dash. I bought it and if it doesn't work I will be selling it. I ordered the Magazine from my neighbor, the ford parts guy in town! I get good deals lol, When I bought it from a junkyard, a sable was inside the garage. he tested it for me and it worked perfectly, I'm just saying i'm gonna sell it if its not compatable with my car.

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that site said the changer I got should work, so tomm when my CD magazine comes in, I will know for sure!

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think this turned out nice
what do you guys think? bad place to put it? I put it there b/c I'm 18 and i'm not really going to be using the full trunk space anyways..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Originally posted by SEL2000@Jun 10 2004, 09:10 PM
I think this turned out nice
what do you guys think? bad place to put it? I put it there b/c I'm 18 and i'm not really going to be using the full trunk space anyways..
I put mine is a similar spot, except for the fact that I centered mine under that back shelf. It fits better up under the humpy things under there. mine doesn't get it the way too bad. Looks okay to me though, to answer your question. :)

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Originally posted by SEL2000@Jun 11 2004, 09:57 AM
i changed it, it does look better in the little groove!
Yes, that looks better, and I think it allows a tad bit more room to slide something big in there. Good job! :)

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
The stock CD changers are not the most durable pieces of equipment. I would get some rubber washers on your mounting screws just to help absorb a bit of the shock in case you don't have them already.

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I put the rubber pieces in, and I happen to think that the stock Changers work very nice, and are very clear. Clarion did a very nice job of building it for Ford.
I'm happy with it and thats all that counts considering how much I got everything for!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts