Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I had a Mercury Sable 97 and I loved that car even though it had the Vulcan engine though. I bought a 04 Solara and this car its awesome but ... and I really want a Sable/Taurus again because I really loved mine when I had it so I want to get another one even though I got a car already. I'd made a conclusion and thats to put some real time and do some uniques modifications to it. I'd like to get just a Duratec and juice it up :lol2: I've found in the Auto Trader book and found some cars that caught my attention. Anyway here they are ...

1. Ford Taurus 1999 SE
Color: Black
Current Mileage: 64,128
full power and fully loaded (including Mach Audio System)
4-wheel ABS
Sunroof
Leather Mocha

Asking $4490

2. Ford Taurus 2002 SES Askin: $3400
Color: Silver
full power, fully loaded.
Tan Cloth Seat
Sunroof
Low Miles Under 70K

3. Mercury Sable 1998 LS Premium
Tan Leather Int.
Fully Loaded.
Sunroof
Mach Audio System
6 Disc CD Changer
4-wheel ABS

Asking $2495

4. Ford Taurus SHO 1997 ( Black )
68K miles
Leather: Mocha Int.
Chrome Wheels

Asking: $3999

5. For Mustang Mach1 1970
5 spd.
302 hp engine

Asking: $4500.

Any comments will be appreciated and sorry in making the post very long.

Frank

·
Registered
478 Posts
id personally go with the 2002, just because its newer, and more reliable. The mustang would just be plain awesome(for the sole reason its a 1970 Mach1Mustang)........the SHO is an SHO....thats enough said on that, but IMO i would go with the 2002, for the sole reason that it would be a better, safer, and more reliable daily driver.

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
Yea I'd definetly get the 02 even though that Mach 1 sounds realllllly nice :D

Y

·
0 Posts
Go with the 2002 SES, why in the world is it priced so low? I would have somebody inspect that thing before you buy it!

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
I am going to go against the flow and tell you to get the SHO or the Stang. You already have a daily driver, get something unique.

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
That 02 is priced RIDICULOUSLY low...something has to be majorly wrong with it... or the person who is selling it is nuts :huh:

Y

·
0 Posts
I change my mind, That price scares me for the SES, go with the SHO you would be much more happy with it, I know I would! btw what are they asking for the SHO?

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
don't forget to inquire about cams being welded on the sho if you want it..if not, get documentation on the issue and show it to the dealer saying you'd like them to either have it done beforehand or take that much off the asking price

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
the 2002 Price isnt really low, guess it depends on your area, but I've been driving around here in southern new york and seeing '01 and 02's going for 4-5 grand easy at well known used car lots, however a majority of them are vulcans......are you sure that 02's a duratec?

I'd go with the 1.

Ford Taurus 1999 SE
Current Mileage: 64,128
full power and fully loaded (including Mach Audio System)
4-wheel ABS
Sunroof
Leather Mocha

Asking $4490

4 wheel abs, mocha leather, mach audio, and 64k I'd buy that in a heartbeat, If not that...the Sable LS Premium sounds sexy :)

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Well, I'm with EDIII on this. You already have a daily driver, get something that you can have fun with. I would lean towards the Mach1 or the SHO, the 02 is priced just too low IMO for something not to be wrong with it.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In my lunch break I called the guy who sells the 02 Taurus and he said that the car had an accident but it is in a very very good excellent condition and it doesnt seems like it was involved in an accident. This Taurus has exactly 61k. I knew for that price there was something wrong with that car but here in FL (Kendall) they sell Taurus/Sable kinda of cheap because they say these cars sucks big time which I ignore when people tell me that. As far for the Mach1 it is a 5 speed and I don't really know how to drive stick shift cars which sucks for me :lol2: Well I think I'll try to go tomorrow to see that SHO and check it out how the condition its and will ask about the cams if got welded or not. If I get to choose the SHO I might to get the cams welded and send it to someone because I am pretty sure around here no one knows that car nor in welding cams for the SHO . I actually I have a daily driver car which its the Solara but I am willing to get between the Taurus(tec) or the Sable. Any more comments here will be appreciated.

Frank

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
I like the SHO, since you already have a Toyota. Otherwise, I would go for the Sable.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Get the SHO, you need something thats a little more exciting than the Solara. If you are daring, you can drive the SHO to FPS in Roswell (outside of Atlanta) and get the cams welded.

·
Registered
318 Posts
2. Ford Taurus 2002 SES Askin: $3400
Color: Silver
full power, fully loaded.
Tan Cloth Seat
Sunroof
Low Miles Under 70K
Tan seats in a silver car??

Not that way from the factory...

·
Registered
511 Posts
2002 a duratec? if not id go for the sable LS....if the interior is in good shape and also considering the duals. if the 99 is better condition and u dont care bout duals go for the 99

·
Registered
218 Posts
Go for the SHO, u won't regret, Just think of the exhaust note.

The only real thing u have to worry about on the G3 Sho is the cams. If u pick it up, defintely get them welded ASAP. For more info on the cams, visit www.v8sho.com.

Later

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yeah, I'd say go with the SHO. Nothing against the other cars, but the SHO is much harder to come by, at least around here, so if you have the chance to pick one up in good condition, go for it.

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
I still say 3400 is WAY too low, it's probably got bad issues (you meantioned an accident, frame damage?), or he is on crack... no way in hell would I sell mine for 3400 :uhoh2:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts