Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read almost everything in the last 6 months on brake pads. Dura last gold or platimum are good. Ford semi-metalic are good. Wagner are good. So which one? I got some crap on mine now. Don't know what but think they are Monroe. The are crap! Advice please!

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
One point of view- Semi metallic OEM pads are OK, Duralast Gold ceramic pads are much better. I've had a set of them on for about a week, and my normal stopping distances have dropped by 10-20 feet. And it's a smooth, consistent stop, not jerky like what I'd get with the stock pads. Now, these aren't the top line ultra-quiet pads, those are going to be more $$ but if you really want to go all out, they seem to be another good choice. Since your 2003 should have the 11.6" front discs, the part # you'd need for Gold ceramic pads is DG598. Hope that helps you make the choice.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
I just put Duralast golds on the wagon and the wifes mustang and they do seem to be much better than the old performance friction semi metalics I took off. I have noticed also after one week that there is ALOT less dust on the wheels. I couldnt beleave how much more they were over semi metalics, but so far I am glad I went with them. They do have a better feel also.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Ive always used good pads and cheaper rotors...Just like everybody else has been saying...the Duralast Ceramic pads are real good...I put those on mine and two other cars in the last year with Autozone Valucraft rotors, and haven't had any issues...knock on wood

1 - 5 of 5 Posts