Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all -

I need an alternator for my '95 Vulcan. I've been reading previous posts, but can't find anything that can tell me the different models/years which will fit my '95. I'm off to the junkyard on Saturday and the more choice I get, the better my chances of success:D

• OK, so firstly, will a Duratec or Essex unit fit?
  • Then, will a 3rd or 4th gen fit? Any ideas up til what year?

Oh, and lastly, are there any Ford cars I could get a 150amp from, maybe a Mustang or something?

Any help much appreciated!

Bruce:rolleyes2:

·
Registered
10,958 Posts
Hey all -

I need an alternator for my '95 Vulcan. I've been reading previous posts, but can't find anything that can tell me the different models/years which will fit my '95. I'm off to the junkyard on Saturday and the more choice I get, the better my chances of success:D

• OK, so firstly, will a Duratec or Essex unit fit?
  • Then, will a 3rd or 4th gen fit? Any ideas up til what year?
Oh, and lastly, are there any Ford cars I could get a 150amp from, maybe a Mustang or something?

Any help much appreciated!

Bruce:rolleyes2:
Go to RockAuto and look up your car. Find any alternator and click on the # and it brings up a list of cars that that alt fits.

-chart-

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Chart - That's helped a lot. But they still don't mention whether I can use an alternator from a 3.8 Essex in my 3.0 Vulcan. Does anyone have an answer? Do all Windstars use the 3.8?

Much appreciated
Bruce

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.