Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Originally posted by rudedog@Jun 20 2006, 12:16 AM
Yeah, I had gotten one around the middle of last year, but the owners favorite tech got out of jail after 2 weeks and he let me go. Since then I have had a few health problems, and been in the hospital twice, but I am doin at least 500% better, so no worries yet. I am currently on disability, but I am also workin at getting back to work. I've lost around 90 pounds, 67 of which was in the 3 days I was in the hospital the second time. It was like having my 8 yr. old son strapped to my waist, as that is exactly what he weighed at the time. I went in weighing 454, the first time I don't even know what I weighed, but it was a bit more. I'm setting my goals fairly light, like 10 pounds at a time. :x:
Glad to hear you're doing better. And good luck on finding a new job, the good ones are getting harder and harder to find.

i have been saying for a while that we need to organize the D/FW and OK members, but we always seem to have a problem doing that.

·
Registered
283 Posts
BEDFORD BABY!!!!!..hellz yeah....

anyways yeah im back on here now that i am out of school and got a new apartment and actually have $$$$...i need to hit up with the SHO guys again i wana go on a fun run or just kik it wit 'em.....im free on thurs and fri rite now...or during the day til 3pm

plus i need a new job...preferably 9-5 b/c walmart sux!!!

btw if it double posts im sorry its been doin that to me alot...anyone know how to fix it?

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Before we moved to the Trinty Blvd/360 area, my job was located in Bedford over on Tennis Drive. Behind the Grubb's dealership. My regular scheduled days off are Friday/Saturday, I work Sun-Thurs 5am-2pm. I think that makes four of us so far within 50-60 miles of each other. :banana: Can ya say a Saturday lunch at a Hooter's or wherever??? :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Originally posted by Grandpoohbah@Jun 23 2006, 04:26 AM
Can ya say a Saturday lunch at a Hooter's or wherever??? :)
lunch at hooters would be fun on a saturday. just which one and who else can we get to show up? im pretty sure tony could chek with the other SHO guys and theres quite a few of them in the area i believe

so just name when and where?...im free in the mornings and then all day thursdays and fridays

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Originally posted by sable_punk02+Jun 23 2006, 06:49 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sable_punk02 @ Jun 23 2006, 06:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Grandpoohbah@Jun 23 2006, 04:26 AM
Can ya say a Saturday lunch at a Hooter's or wherever???  :)
lunch at hooters would be fun on a saturday. just which one and who else can we get to show up? im pretty sure tony could chek with the other SHO guys and theres quite a few of them in the area i believe

so just name when and where?...im free in the mornings and then all day thursdays and fridays [/b][/quote]
:werd:

Sounds good to me! And we can see if some of the LSSSHO guys want to join us, we can have a mini meet or something. Maybe a small show and shine, whatever sounds good to you guys. Name the time and place

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Originally posted by Tony Two-Tone+Jun 29 2006, 10:56 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tony Two-Tone @ Jun 29 2006, 10:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 23 2006, 06:49 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Grandpoohbah
@Jun 23 2006, 04:26 AM
Can ya say a Saturday lunch at a Hooter's or wherever???  :)

so just name when and where?...im free in the mornings and then all day thursdays and fridays

Sounds good to me! And we can see if some of the LSSSHO guys want to join us, we can have a mini meet or something. Maybe a small show and shine, whatever sounds good to you guys. Name the time and place [/b][/quote]
OK...I'll pick a date...how about August 12th??? Pick a Hooter's any Hooter's...central location most likely would be in the Arlington/GP area, or parts north? Just thinking south of DFW airport or north which would then be what? Coppell and what?

·
Registered
283 Posts
theres a hooters on collins by six flags....out here in north richland hills by 820...up in grapevine those are the only ones i can think of

......we just need a time

also theres a member in SGP but i don't remember his name. He had a black G3 duratec w/ the logo on the back side windows. i happened to be in his neighborhood yesterday pickin up some stuff with my dad and saw it. but i havent seen him on here recently i think.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Originally posted by Tony Two-Tone+Jun 29 2006, 10:56 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tony Two-Tone @ Jun 29 2006, 10:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sable_punk02@Jun 23 2006, 06:49 PM

Sounds good to me! And we can see if some of the LSSSHO guys want to join us, we can have a mini meet or something. Maybe a small show and shine, whatever sounds good to you guys. Name the time and place [/b][/quote]
Most of the DFW LSSHOC (fordbastards.org) guys are going to the SHO convention July 17th thru the 20th in Memphis, but when we get back we're going to be having a dyno day. There will be at least 7 SHOs there 3 of which are supercharged. Two of the supercharged guys should be dynoing close to 500hp to the wheels, the other one should be around 375hp to the wheels.

You all are welcome to come and hang out with us, you don't have to dyno to come hang. It will probably be early August, on a Saturday. One of our SHO guys burns the chips for the supercharged guys and he will be there, so if any of you guys want a chip maybe he can help ya out.

We could dyno Saturday morning then head out to get a late lunch some where. There's a dyno place on Pioneer Parkway (303) near Bowen RD. We could dyno there then caravan over to Hooters on I-20 and Little Rd. That Hooter's has free beer. Oh yea and the waitresses ain't to bad either. :D :buff:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Originally posted by blue92@Jul 4 2006, 07:08 AM
Most of the DFW LSSHOC (fordbastards.org) guys are going to the SHO convention July 17th thru the 20th in Memphis, but when we get back we're going to be having a dyno day. There will be at least 7 SHOs there 3 of which are supercharged. Two of the supercharged guys should be dynoing close to 500hp to the wheels, the other one should be around 375hp to the wheels.

You all are welcome to come and hang out with us, you don't have to dyno to come hang. It will probably be early August, on a Saturday. One of our SHO guys burns the chips for the supercharged guys and he will be there, so if any of you guys want a chip maybe he can help ya out.

We could dyno Saturday morning then head out to get a late lunch some where. There's a dyno place on Pioneer Parkway (303) near Bowen RD. We could dyno there then caravan over to Hooters on I-20 and Little Rd. That Hooter's has free beer. Oh yea and the waitresses ain't to bad either. :D :buff:
Just give me a date, I want to get my truck dynoed anyway and I've never seen any blown SHOs in person. I am interested in seeing a dyno pull on one of those.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
GUYS, TCCA NEEDS TO BE SEEN AT THE STREET RACES IN DALLAS. EVERY FRIDAY AND SATURDAY WE ALL MEET AT THE CAR WASH NEXT TO THE QT (QUICK TRIP) GAS STATION AT GARLAND ROAD AND NORTHWEST HWY, IN FRONT OF THE BIG SOCCER FIELD THATS NEXT TO FRY'S AND SAM'S CLUB. I'M LIKE THE ONLY DUDE W/ A TAURUS THAT ACTUALLY HAS TRIED TO RACE IT. YA'LL NEED TO COME OUT AND REPRESENT.

·
Registered
283 Posts
dude we dont street race.. i used to when i was in high school and had a volvo but i stayed in ft.worth/HEB rea..dallas got busted to many times from what i heard

if you wana street go ahead but its bad representation for the club. you can ask around but i think most people go to the strip or dont race at all.

honestly i prefer to go show more than go...maybe its because ive grown up or a pact my friends and i made when we graduated not to race unless its each other or on a track....either way its ur choice

·
Registered
200 Posts
Originally posted by Grandpoohbah@Jul 4 2006, 01:19 PM
Just let me know when I'm there!
I'll post up a dyno date after we get back from the SHO convention. :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
hey, sable punk 02, i agree w/ what you say, the only reason I have raced a couple of times was against a couple of friends just to show that I dont have to have an import to go fast. I like diversity and almost no one has brought out a taurus out on friday and saturday nights. Im in the works of trickin out my bull, but after I'm done, my bull is only for show. sure I'll take on one or two haters trying to put my bull down, but not on a frequent basis, do I run, or have ran my car. my suggestion was for us to come out and get more exposure here in the dfw. I really havent seen any tcca logos on the streets. This was just a suggestion to be seen, but, yea, I agree, we should only do it on the strip.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Originally posted by Atomic Rage 316@Jul 10 2006, 12:46 AM
hey, sable punk 02, i agree w/ what you say, the only reason I have raced a couple of times was against a couple of friends just to show that I dont have to have an import to go fast. I like diversity and almost no one has brought out a taurus out on friday and saturday nights. Im in the works of trickin out my bull, but after I'm done, my bull is only for show. sure I'll take on one or two haters trying to put my bull down, but not on a frequent basis, do I run, or have ran my car. my suggestion was for us to come out and get more exposure here in the dfw. I really havent seen any tcca logos on the streets. This was just a suggestion to be seen, but, yea, I agree, we should only do it on the strip.
A more productive weekly car event is this one. Every Monday night in Addison, there is a meet which attracts over 200 cars. The meet is hosted by RiceKillers.com which has been throwing Monday night gatherings together for a while. Here's a link to some pics of a meet a few weeks back.

http://www.dallasimports.net/forums/index....showtopic=54868

:D

·
Registered
283 Posts
ive seen that car show b4....just wasnt able to go...had other things to do. i would go though if i had mondays off work. and as far ads representation you havent seen alot of it but hopefully with my paycheck thursday i can get my TCCA decals ordered and then put on when i get them so you could see some....if i ventured into the garland area which i mainly stay in the southlake/grapevine/HEB/NRH area. occasionally north dallas/addison but primarily my area

·
Registered
283 Posts
i was gonna get the straight TCCA decals off the site adam has posted for us to order from but if you can get decent prices on the TCCA South ones then I'd go through you...DUH!

21 - 40 of 56 Posts