Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 taurus, and I need some input on where I should mount my amp. I have a sundown saz 1500d. My box will take up most of the space past the wheel wells, and I would like the amp to still be accessible. Now I need to keep the front portion of my trunk(by license plate) open for samples that I travel with, so I cannot just through it down in front. Would love to see some pics of what you guys have done.

Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
ive seen a lot of them mounted on the wheel wells on some 3/4 mdf.
i dont have any pics of mine anymore but i mounted mine on the larger one of the fold down seats on the passenger side looked really nice due to i had the wires and everything under the carpeting.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
ive seen a lot of them mounted on the wheel wells on some 3/4 mdf.
i dont have any pics of mine anymore but i mounted mine on the larger one of the fold down seats on the passenger side looked really nice due to i had the wires and everything under the carpeting.
This is something that I need to do with my car. Does anyone have any instructions on how to mount the amp on wheel well? I am thinking right now of this.. remove the black plastic wheel gaurd, drill four holes in the well side drill matching holes in a piece of MDF or wood. Buy succiently long bolts or nuts from Lowes and attach the board to the well. Screw the amp on the road. Did I miss anything?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ended up taking out the back seat and putting it there. Will not be accessible, but once I set it up, I will not need to mess with it. Will get some pics and possible do a build log.

·
Registered
260 Posts
how about something like this....still completely accessible to the amp via folding the rear seat down plus looks niceif you just wnat to cruise with the seats down so people can see

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mines mounted on the back of my backseat, so when its folded up you cant even see it, but then when the seats folded forward you can access it no problem.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
My amp is 21 inches long, so if there is any hope to have it mounted on the back of the foldable seats, it's behind the larger one. But them, I won't be able to transport cargo that needs that space. I have transported a lot of disassembled furniture protruding through that seat. So I am gonna have to figure out how to mount a board on a wheel well, left side.

·
Registered
260 Posts
that's what I'g going to do too..

diesel... that's some serious wire there!!!

Thanks! 0g in and 4g eveywere else:p i like my power just did the big three conversion and needless to say with my set up i still pull enough power to drop my 5 fared cap to 11v....lol

·
Registered
260 Posts
that's some power!!! og??
where did you run that through?? under the car to the trunk??

I had to remove the fuse box under the dash i get a hole big enough to put the wire through then the wire just runs right long side the driver seat under the carpet then under the back seat. everythign else is ran the opposite side to reduce the signal interferance. Lot of work to man handle that wire as well doesnt bend to easily...

·
Registered
53 Posts
i mounted my amp on the back of the rear seat. it works fine, doesn't over heat and its easy access

1 - 12 of 12 Posts