Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had some pioneer 2 ways in my front doors nothing special. but i just bought some polks (paid 112 regularly 200) with 2 way crossovers and the cone is carbon fiber. should i put these in the doors on in the deck for best total sound? thx

heres the new speakers

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'd put them in the Deck for the best sound. I notice with the door mounted speakers if somthing is between you and the speaker (I.e. a person) you won't get all the sound. PLuse the deck gives the speaker space to resonate and give you full sound

·
Registered
370 Posts
They are going to sound better in the front than the back. Rear speakers are used to fill in/give passengers in the back seat better sound, but really does nothing for the front. If that makes any sense. Just put the pioneer 2-ways in the rear and the new polks in the front doors. A 4 channel amp will improve the sound quality too.

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Originally posted by T-3@Aug 7 2004, 11:45 AM
They are going to sound better in the front than the back. Rear speakers are used to fill in/give passengers in the back seat better sound, but really does nothing for the front. If that makes any sense. Just put the pioneer 2-ways in the rear and the new polks in the front doors. A 4 channel amp will improve the sound quality too.
rgr that...sounds like those polks are pretty nice component speakers, no? :)

you got a model # for those speakers? both sets

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
umm the polks model # should be on the link and the pioneer are just the ..i think 50-60 dollar 2 way 5x7's. but ya those polks are real nice. wish i could get 2 more for that price. i got those as an open box value. i got those my amp and my subs all open box. good deals

·
Registered
221 Posts
definitly put them in the front. the highs and mids will be much clearer than in the back. unless of course they have really good bass then put em in the deck. when i replaced my speakers with infinities, just the door speakers made all the difference

·
Registered
170 Posts
pop those babys in the front who cares about whut the ppl in the back are hearing lol im tired so if that doesnt make anysense sry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts