Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be changing the oil in my car in the next week for the first time since I've owned it, and I was thinking of switching to synthetic, but that's pretty pricey. So, I was wondering if anyone knows where the cheapest place to buy motor oil is (online or auto stores). Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Walmart

·
Registered
109 Posts
Did my '00 Sable Duratec the other day with 5 quart jug of Pennzoil 5W-30, which cost $5.94 and a Motorcraft filter FL-820S for $2.94. Total cost with tax under $10 from Wally world (Walmart). I know it takes 5 1/2 quarts but I had a extra quart or 2 of Pennzoil around here.

And BTW, the guys at Bobistheoilguy.com reccomended that oil and filter for this car. If, you're not aware, go there. They know more about oil and filters than anyone as they test their used oil and cut open there used filters for testing.

Also, if you're inclined to go high end , synthtic oil, Mobil 1 was at Wally's for under $20 for the 5 quart jug.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Wal-Mart is the cheapest place. Mobil 1 is one of the best synthetics you can buy. The Motorcraft filters at Wal-Mart are very affordable too. Stock up on the Mobil 1 at Advance Auto Parts or Autozone if it goes on sale...

·
Registered
236 Posts
Its reasons like this that I love working at an autoparts distributor. I pay what the warehouse pays. So, I think the last time I changed my oil with the filter and Valvoline Max Life was less than $5 for everything. I love my job!

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
If you're not picky about which brand of synthetic you can buy wal mart brand, super tech, it's only $3/quart for full synthetic.

Or you can keep an eye out for sales. Not too long ago Pep Boys had Mobil 1 on sale for $4/quart.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts