Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
The code may be printed on the Smart junction block. Basically the fuse box on the driver side with all kinds of harnesses plugged into it. Its a PITA to find you gotta unhook the box which i think just slides up or back and then on the side facing you?? theres some numbers printed in grey print on the black plastic. you'll need flexibility and a flashlight and someone to right down the numbers. Thats where i found mine on my 08 i then took a sharpie and wrote it on my trunk lid

***LOL then i saw the date of this first post LOL
Sorry to bump an OLD thread, but can someone explain how in the heck to pull the SJB? I attempted to pull it forward, backward, up and down. Nadda

It's dark and I am working with a flashlight, but it can't be THIS tough, can it?

·
Administrator
15,115 Posts
If the reason you are doing it is to recover the code try an inspection mirror and flashlight. I just did this 2 weeks ago, it only yielded the 3 digits due to tape so if you think it is not there because you are only seeing 3 use the 3 you can see as the first 3. Trial and error yielded the last 2 in pretty short order for me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
If the reason you are doing it is to recover the code try an inspection mirror and flashlight. I just did this 2 weeks ago, it only yielded the 3 digits due to tape so if you think it is not there because you are only seeing 3 use the 3 you can see as the first 3. Trial and error yielded the last 2 in pretty short order for me.
Sorry for the delayed reply. I figured the forum would notify me automatically via email when a response was made. I did notice some numbers *SUPER TINY* on the back of the SJB through a small opening.

Gonna head back out and try your method to see if I'm looking at the correct numbers .... thanks!

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Sorry for the delayed reply. I figured the forum would notify me automatically via email when a response was made.
There is a setting for notifications in your user control panel, might not be on?

·
Administrator
15,115 Posts
When creating a thread you can elect to subscribe to it. After the fact if you want to subscribe and get alerts click on Thread Tools on the header above, the third option is "Subscribe to this Thread" it will give you a few notification options

21 - 28 of 28 Posts