Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
TCCA Staff (Retired)
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My neighbor just got a 2008 Taurus but no keyless entry code. Where do you find it on this bad boy? I looked under the dash but it has movable pedals and everything looks different under there than it does in the sticky!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Look in the glovebox or owner's manual, it may be on a card in there. Otherwise, you won't find it on the car - try a good locksmith first (may be a little cheaper), or last resort, the dealer.

·
TCCA Staff (Retired)
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Look in the glovebox or owner's manual, it may be on a card in there. Otherwise, you won't find it on the car - try a good locksmith first (may be a little cheaper), or last resort, the dealer.
That's what I was afraid of...LOL

No card to be found...

·
Registered
4 Posts
You will need the dealer to hook up the IDS and read the code for you. I think they will charge you a half hour labor. If he just bought it, the dealer should do it for free.

Reactions: kekaye56

·
Registered
227 Posts
The code may be printed on the Smart junction block. Basically the fuse box on the driver side with all kinds of harnesses plugged into it. Its a PITA to find you gotta unhook the box which i think just slides up or back and then on the side facing you?? theres some numbers printed in grey print on the black plastic. you'll need flexibility and a flashlight and someone to right down the numbers. Thats where i found mine on my 08 i then took a sharpie and wrote it on my trunk lid

***LOL then i saw the date of this first post LOL

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just looked exactly where u just described and I found it. Think I broke some plastic but I found it. Thanks for the detailed explanation brother!!
The code may be printed on the Smart junction block. Basically the fuse box on the driver side with all kinds of harnesses plugged into it. Its a PITA to find you gotta unhook the box which i think just slides up or back and then on the side facing you?? theres some numbers printed in grey print on the black plastic. you'll need flexibility and a flashlight and someone to right down the numbers. Thats where i found mine on my 08 i then took a sharpie and wrote it on my trunk lid

***LOL then i saw the date of this first post LOL

·
Registered
227 Posts
Just looked exactly where u just described and I found it. Think I broke some plastic but I found it. Thanks for the detailed explanation brother!!

glad it worked for you :) I was worried i missed something its been 7 months since i did it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
On my 2008 Taurus SEL it is on the front side of the fusebox. Kneel outside the car, place your head by the parking brake pedal, look straight in and up, move the bundle of wires out of the way and you will see it "embossed" on the front (facing drivers seat) edge of the fuse box. You will probably need a flashlight to see the numbers but NO MIRRORS NEEDED!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
On my 2008 Taurus SEL it is on the front side of the fusebox. Kneel outside the car, place your head by the parking brake pedal, look straight in and up, move the bundle of wires out of the way and you will see it "embossed" on the front (facing drivers seat) edge of the fuse box. You will probably need a flashlight to see the numbers but NO MIRRORS NEEDED!
I just aimed a small digital camera down there with the flash on. Took me 3 or 4 shots to get a good one with the whole code in the frame but it was a lot easier than crawling under there.

Then I wrote it in the manual.

Then, someone totaled the car.

·
Registered
108 Posts
This Site is awesome, I just bought a used(2 owner)'09 Sable from a Honda/Toyota Dealer. No mention of any door codes, no card in the manual book, etc.

since my mom has essentially the same car(same year and options, Taurus instead of Sable),She Parks in the Garage, and it's still a bit too cold and windy to be poking around under the dash out doors, i poked around under the dash in her car, and there was a sticker w/ a 5 digit number on a unit right above the parking brake, under the fuse panel, in between 2 wire pigtails, couldn't get my fat body/head in far enough to see all 5 digits, out comes the cell phone, snap a photo, lock the car, type in those 5 digits, boom. car unlocks.

·
Exalted Grand Poobah
4,770 Posts
I'm not aware Ford stopped providing the code - I assume you're speaking about the five-button module on the driver's door - but they could have. However, as recently as the 2010 models they'd be on a decal/label affixed to one of the trunklid hinge brackets; or in an SUV, on a liftgate hinge bracket or the sheetmetal behind the driver's side trim panel behind the rear seat. Sometimes it would even be on the inside lip of the liftgate.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I found mine just to the left of the brake pedal. However I lerned when you enter it into the MFT, DO NOT select the erase option check the add box. I pressed erased and now I guess it's dealer time.

·
Premium Member
3,017 Posts
I found mine just to the left of the brake pedal. However I lerned when you enter it into the MFT, DO NOT select the erase option check the add box. I pressed erased and now I guess it's dealer time.
That feature is finicky with MFT. Use the factory code in the door panel itself (factory code + hold down 1/2 should drop it into programming) to enter a new custom code.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Fumble Fingers

That feature is finicky with MFT. Use the factory code in the door panel itself (factory code + hold down 1/2 should drop it into programming) to enter a new custom code.
Called Ford and spoke to a very polite lady telling me the same thing. I couldn't get it to work. Called the dealer I bought it from and they told me to come on in and they would fix it at no charge.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I checked all over my sable, in all the places there could/should be a decal or some such with the code. found nothing. went to the dealer today, to have them scan the computer for the keyless code. they gave me a number, key it in. nothing happens.
had to make an appt for that scan.
of course i didn't try it right there @ the dealer, they know what they're doing, they wouldn't give me the wrong number...

the only response i got from the car, was the anti-scan feature, where it locks the key pad out after 35 wrong keystrokes, and the pad starts flashing for 60 sec, or you hit unlock on your remote.

of course they are closed now. guess i'll have to give 'em a call back tomorrow.

·
Registered
108 Posts
went back to the dealer today, they re-pulled the code, (no charge), when transcribing it before, they had written down a 7 instead of a 1. works like a dream.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts