Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need the following parts for my 96 Taurus:

1. The plastic pieces that hold the door trim panels on.

2. The metal clip that holds the screw in the door handle.

3. The plastic lens that covers the interior light in the door panel

All of these are needed for the driver's side door if it makes a difference. If someone could at least give me part numbers for these, I would apreciate it.

·
Premium Member
1,234 Posts
The random little clips and plastic rivets that hold door trim together can usually be found at the auto parts stores (Auto Zone, Advance, Checker, etc.). I don't have a part number for you, I just carry in a sample. They'll be out on the aisle with random screws, nuts, etc.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Another place, if you have on in your area, is True Value. They have the automotive clips and push in clips (the black one that always break when you pull them out).

Just a side note, why did you select Saluki as your username? Do you have/like the dog? Or are you a Saluki? As in, Southern Illinois University Saluki?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help. I found the clips and retainers that I needed at Autozone.

I am still looking for the lense. It is oval. About half is red and the ohter half is clear. I suppose I could look at junk yards for it, but I thought if I could find an online supplier, it would be easier.

Unless I am missing something, www.fordpartsnetwork.com does not seem to have the part.

bskouby: I am an SIUC alumni. Go Dawgs!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Originally posted by Saluki@Jan 20 2004, 01:16 PM
bskouby: I am an SIUC alumni. Go Dawgs!
SIUC Alumni twice over here, 99 and 02. Also an employee.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I graduated in '90. I live in Springfield now. Believe it or not, I actually miss Carbondale. It is a great town for its relatively small size. Is Henry Fisher still the slum lord down there, or has someone else taken over?

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Henry Fisher is in jail right now.. he still owns 70% of carbondale (the worst parts of town in most cases). Nothing changes

·
Registered
162 Posts
Originally posted by Kermit@Jan 21 2004, 10:41 PM
Henry Fisher is in jail right now.. he still owns 70% of carbondale (the worst parts of town in most cases). Nothing changes
Yeah, he just azz raped Carbondale for $150,000 for the old American Tap on the Strip. It was valued at around $39,000.

Also, Kermit, I believe I saw your car parked on the north part of the strip up near Pheonix Cycle within the last couple of weeks. It was a black SEL with tint and the OEM wheels looked to be painted or powder coated black.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is the Tap still in buisiness? I havn't been down there in several years, but it seemed like they were heading down hill when I was there. IIRC, John Budslick owned it back then.

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Brian, Yea I work at Phoenix Cycles.. rarely but I help out when they need me, that was my car. If you see it again you should stop by and say hey. Are you still down here or did you move? I thought you were done in December?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Originally posted by Kermit@Jan 22 2004, 11:20 AM
Brian, Yea I work at Phoenix Cycles.. rarely but I help out when they need me, that was my car. If you see it again you should stop by and say hey. Are you still down here or did you move? I thought you were done in December?
Yeah, I graduated December of 02 with my masters degree. But I live (permanent resident) in the Carbondale area. I am employeed by the university as well. So I am still on campus everyday, and I go up N. Illinois every day heading home from work, so....I see you. Yeah, if I notice your car there, I will try to stop by and say hey. Guess I should just ask for Kermit and you will know who I am looking for.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Originally posted by Saluki@Jan 22 2004, 10:25 AM
Is the Tap still in buisiness? I havn't been down there in several years, but it seemed like they were heading down hill when I was there. IIRC, John Budslick owned it back then.
No, the Tap went out several years ago, and Fisher bought it from Budslick. Fisher didn't do anything with the building and it is in a horrible state of dis-repair. The stone wall is falling apart, and threatens to "bean" anyone walking down the sidewalk. I swear you need one of those falling debris signs you see in the mountains.

The city of Carbondale bought the building back from Fisher a couple of weeks ago for $150,000. The new mayor took a lot of heat for this one, especially since they claim they don't have money to keep the Eurma Hayes center open or to hire more Police.

But that is fuzzy accounting for you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts