Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all. I seem to have a never ending dilemma with my DRL situation. First, i was going to buy one from a scrapyard, but after seeing peoples thoughts about that, i said never mind. And on top of that, the local scrapyards are a bit to expensive. I then went to every parts store in town, and they didn't have a clue what the part was. They only had aftermarket ones that cost about the same as a brand new one. I was then directed to look on rock auto, and i must say, they have pretty much every part you could imagine. But the same story, they didn't have the one i needed. The closest they had was the 8-pin module with heatsink. I'm now out of ideas. If somebody would be able to find one these for sale online, new or used as long as it works, your help would be appreciated. The part number on the module is: XL2T-15A270-AB. It has no heatsink, and uses 6 pins. The only other alternative would be if somebody found an aftermarket kit that turns the highbeams on a lower intensity. If somebody can find this, please reply. Thanks

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
You know...you should call up Tasca Ford Parts in Rhode Island. They have one of the best parts departments in terms of finding stuff. You should also head over to Fast Parts Network (a discount Ford parts distributor). Torrie over there knows his stuff. You can buy the new Ford part, at a discounted rate through Torrie.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm not sure this is what you're looking for, but it is all I could come up with and they don't list the part number for some odd reason, maybe to squelch the comparison activity? Good people to deal with though, and prompt.

Tousley Ford Parts Depot

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
You don't want to have both filaments lit at the same that. That would result in blown bulbs if you're lucky and melted headlight housing if you're not.

The DRL module runs the high beams with a modified sine wave so that it gets half the power. If you were to build a DRL module I'd suggest just using a relay to turn on the low beams when the ignition is on. You can add this relay behind the dash because the headlights are on a separate circuit than the rest of the lights so you can just tap into the headlight switch's headlight wire to turn it on and off and use the radio's power as the signal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts