Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where would i look to buy some blacked out lights for my car?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
something like that, the reason i asked originally is because on my way home from work last week i saw a black camero and the taillights were black and it looked awsome. so something maybe blacker
thanks

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Summitracing.com has a product called night shades, you simply take off your tailights and spray on as desired and then put the tailights back on. The light will still shine through at night and if no light then it will b as black as you made them.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i would really reather not paint them but if that is the way that it has to be done then so be it.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
is a 7oz can enough for the rear lights and maybe the side blinkers? i will probably go fairly dark....n/s

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
I used nite shades too, 7 oz was enough for my tail lights, part of my headlights, and my friends focus. MAKE SURE YOU CLEAR COAT IT! I like it because you can get a custom look, I sort of faded my headlights from darker to ligher so the light shined through.

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
None what so ever, during the day if the light hits the tail lights its red, and at night the lights shinethrough. The orange reflectors in the front are also visible with a little light on them.

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Originally posted by Kermit@Jun 28 2004, 11:49 PM
None what so ever, during the day if the light hits the tail lights its red, and at night the lights shinethrough. The orange reflectors in the front are also visible with a little light on them.
do you have close up pics of your cars tail lights and headlights?

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Get the niteshades. If you're good with a razorblade and some tape and you know anything about masking, you can make them custom. Just make sure you spray and dry one layer at a time, Otherwise it will run. It's also good for making eyebrows. The only store I can go in and get some is SECO Performance. $11.35

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
I was just thinking...would you need to take apart the headlight assembly for this? Otherwise, wouldn't the nightshade wear off over time? Or maybe it's better than I think. :)

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
OT - shouldn't this thread be in Aesthetics, Interior, Wheels and Tires since it's an aesthetics mod?

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
I would suggest removing the tail lights and if you have a Gen III removing the middle light bar if you're gonna do it as well.

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
I will look for some close up pictures. My rear tail lights are not clear coated and they have been tinted for about 6 months or more now and they look great. The headlights I DID clearcoat because the bugs would chip this stuff off. WITH the clearcoat I've had no problems.

Nite Shades archive post Some pictures.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Originally posted by golovko@Jun 29 2004, 09:30 AM
OT - shouldn't this thread be in Aesthetics, Interior, Wheels and Tires since it's an aesthetics mod?
Yuuuuup...

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
i was pulled over once for my tail lights. half the reason was my tint though too. it was a fix it ticket. i just bought used tail lights and put them on and took my car up to the police station and he voided the ticket. than when i got home i put the niteshaded ones back on.

heres a pic at night W/OUT the brakes on...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts