Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched, but there was a ton of results... I couldn't find my answer. Does anybody know where the turn signal flasher goes?

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I pulled out the little blue box (where you said it was), and it's about the same size shape and weight of the new little red box, but when I plugged it in, I blew the fuse. Unplugged my DRLs and tried another fuse, which blew as soon as it made contact.

The parts number on the blue relay I pulled is:

L907D
F6DB 1335 0AA
J590b / J945

Did I pull the right thing?????

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
It is a blue relay shaped cube on the interior fuse box on your '97.

EDIT: Actually it is not on the fuse box but attached somewhere above and to the drivers side of the fuse box IIRIC. But it is light blue and relay shaped.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, that's what I pulled. It's about right above the left foot rest, mounted behind the kick-plate thingy.

Does anybody know why the one I got from superbrightleds.com is making the fuse blow?

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I bought one from autolumination.com and I didn't have any problem... I only tried putting LEDs in the 2 front turn signals and when I tested the OEM flasher, it worked fine and didn't even need the special LED one lol...

I would have never guessed you were asking where the flasher is located if I went by the topic title alone...

Oh, I'm pretty sure you can't do this, but is your flasher maybe backwards in the harness?

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope, it plugs into a harness. Pretty much idiot proof... Which is why I can't figure out where I went wrong

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is there a way to test it? Or do I just need to contact them and ask for a replacement?

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, I'm done with this. I've sent them an email requesting a refund.

Does anyone know where else I can buy a flasher unit other than autolumination.com?

I would like to shop around and find the best deal.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
It maybe a bad flasher. I'd give them a chance to replace it if it were me before jumping ship.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can't find any LED stuff at local parts stores, not even the little one-off place. "If you can't find it here, then you don't need it!"...

If I have them replace it I have to eat the cost of shipping on the first one and pay shipping to get it back to them.

I wish I could find LED stuff in a store near me though... does anybody know if any stores DO carry these?

Whenever I go into a store asking about LED stuff, nobody knows what I'm talking about... They always just send me to the aisle with all the semi truck and trailer lights.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bought one from autolumination.com and I didn't have any problem... I only tried putting LEDs in the 2 front turn signals and when I tested the OEM flasher, it worked fine and didn't even need the special LED one lol...

I would have never guessed you were asking where the flasher is located if I went by the topic title alone...

Oh, I'm pretty sure you can't do this, but is your flasher maybe backwards in the harness?
[/b]
Does yours make a "click" sound when you use the turn signal?

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
Does yours make a "click" sound when you use the turn signal?
[/b][/quote]

The same click that the OEM one does with the OEM bulbs...

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
After a few phone calls and a half-hour of try and fail testing, I came home from Auto Zone with an EP34 Electronic Flasher...

The FL3 wasn't even in their database. The computer said I needed something like FL577... it was a huge chrome cylinder with only two pugs.

I grabbed all the 3-plug ones and we tried them one by one until we finally found one that works. It flashes at 94 per second, a little faster than the ones online :) Which is good, because even at 94/min I still think it could be a little faster.

Downside is that it doesn't have any type of mounting bracket or anything so I'm gonna have to tape it down with some obnoxiously orange duct tape :p

Oh, and it was only 9.99, much cheaper than either superbrightleds or autolumination.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
After a few phone calls and a half-hour of try and fail testing, I came home from Auto Zone with an EP34 Electronic Flasher...

The FL3 wasn't even in their database. The computer said I needed something like FL577... it was a huge chrome cylinder with only two pugs.

I grabbed all the 3-plug ones and we tried them one by one until we finally found one that works. It flashes at 94 per second, a little faster than the ones online :) Which is good, because even at 94/min I still think it could be a little faster.

Downside is that it doesn't have any type of mounting bracket or anything so I'm gonna have to tape it down with some obnoxiously orange duct tape :p

Oh, and it was only 9.99, much cheaper than either superbrightleds or autolumination.
[/b]
The one from Autolumination didn't have a bracket...

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh, I didn't notice that...

The one I got from superbrightleds and almost all the other ones at AZ either came with bracket or had a slot for the stock bracket to slide into.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I'm officially pissed. After several emails they agreed to refund the purchase price, and if it was actually defective, they would refund my shippng also.

I got an email yesterday with a tracking number for a replacement turn signal flasher.

I'm sick of this. I was having a great time getting excited for the 50 degree weather were going to have Saturday and this just ruined my good mood.

I'm going to go zorin-style on them as soon as I get out of stats class.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well apparently they have alreay sent it an I just have to write "return to sender" on it and put it back in themail when it gets here. It sure does seem like it's going to take a while to me to gt my twenty bucks back. Grrr... Oh well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts