Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i need fittings for installing the hayden cooler. I had a quote done at a radiator shop around here. 180-200 dollars and 3 hours a work :blink: . Whatever pal, you aent getting my car then. And he tells his boss/manager that they need to cut the lines and make a fitting. All i thought to myself is hey retard, they have fittings you can get. So if they dont know that, im not bringing it to them. If i can get this installed myself, im bringing it there and showing them how dumb they are.
Rant done.

Ok, where can i get the fittings for my vehicle. Im finding plenty of sites that show what i need, but none where i can buy them.

I read in another post not so long ago about the lines going to a cooler inside the radiator on to one side. I do see the lines running there so i think this would be an easy enough job.

Any help, i give a prior thanks too!

*edit*
Failed to mention that i was kinda leaning towards is there any place (napa, carquest, etc.) that i can go in and buy instead of online cuz i dont want to have to wait.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
The only fitting you need is a 3/8" hose connector. I use a 2.5" piece of 3/8" copper tubing.

On the drivers side of the OEM aux cooler take off the rubber line and splice in the new cooler there. Connect the output of the new cooler to the input of the OEM aux cooler.

This is also where you would be doing the flush of the tranny fluid.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I really recommend installing the tranny cooler by yourself and you might save a few bucks. If I were you I would buy an 3/8 inline tranny filter. I think Hightechredneck installed one and I think this filter really helps. Good luck.

Frank

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. When i finally break down and get to doing it, ill try to remember to post pictures. The niesens walkthrough has that cooler up front stock already, so one of the hoses was right there. I observe on my sable that it goes from medal tube to about 4 inch long rubber hose back to medal on the driver side. How do i connect to that and get my length around the main radiator to the front of it so the tranny cooler can be up front? In the instructions for installing the cooler, it says do not cut the hose given to you. kinda odd when not far from that it says have a blade to cut hose <_< . but it must be for the ones on the car.
But anyways, it doesnt look like there's any obvious way to intercept the lines. The clamps holding the hose to the medal ends are weird. Not those screw clamps, but some other clamp that isnt reusable, and its part of the medal lines. <---- this is whats been holding me back from jumping into it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts