Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1993 Taurus GL Wagon. It's only got 80,000 miles. It's probably got all the options and all the original paperwork. It's in great condition other than a couple of minor cosmetic issues. I plan on keeping this car for a while and I'd like to add my own touches to it and personalize it. It's the 8 seat wagon with tan cloth upholstry. The driver's seat is kind of squished (as if it was the ONLY seat sat on). It has cloth but, I really prefer leather. I know there weren't many 2nd gen wagons with leather. I want to convert the front bench to buckets with a console. Where can I find a leather interior for this car? Would 2nd or 3rd gen seats work?

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Second Gen seats will work, but I don't think third gens do. The seat base design changed. You could always try and retrofit a gen 3 seat onto a Gen 1 or 2 frame though. If you're crafty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
sheila
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing