Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my drive North to my Penfield address, I only saw one or two Gen 6 Taurus'. The Gen 6 has been out for at least 18 months, but hardly saw any on the road. I did see "beaucoup" Ford Fusion's of the latest generation. They also have only been out for about 18 months. I seems that every time I turned around, I'd see a latest generation Fusion.
I guess the Fusion is Fords "Bread and Butter car". They sell well.

BTW, when I drove to Penfield, I drove through the small town of East Rochester, just outside of Rochester, and I somehow made a wrong turn, and saw a Black gen 6 SHO parked. Made the wrong turn because it was pouring rain and windy, and missed my cut-off. (It's still raining, but the wind has died down). (Should have stayed in Florida an extra week :rolleyes2:).

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
Fusion is now the mid-size sedan, formerly called the Taurus.
Taurus is now the full-size sedan, formerly called the Crown Vic.
I hope to buy a Fusion some day....
("beaucoup" usage is a sign of a Vietnam era Vet. Thanks for your service.:usa:)
(PS- odd how this predicted week-long rain storm started when you got back into town...)

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
new taurus fully loaded is over $40,000.

my dad got a fully loaded Lexus Es350 for $37,500 and a I must say and INCREDIBLE dealer experience, Herb Chambers in Walpole, MA is the biggest dealership ive ever seen in my life, every car sold in every color is inside the building something like 75 cars inside. You walk in==== "Hello sir blah blah would you like an expresso/coffee/smoothy or a sandwich" they did more than what any dealer has ever done for customers, you can go in at ANY time and get a car wash and have fluids topped off for free! (under warrenty 100k miles) free oil changes for 100,000 miles....

basically coming from owner fords for the last 20 years my family is buying lexus now.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bob, where is Mt. Dora, FL?

Mt. Dora is halfway between Sanford and Leesburg. :D

OK, where is Sanford or Leesburg? :rolleyes2:

Mt. Dora is about 30 miles NW of Orlando and 50 miles SE of Ocala. :wub:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fusion is now the mid-size sedan, formerly called the Taurus.
Taurus is now the full-size sedan, formerly called the Crown Vic.
I hope to buy a Fusion some day....
("beaucoup" usage is a sign of a Vietnam era Vet. Thanks for your service.:usa:)
(PS- odd how this predicted week-long rain storm started when you got back into town...)
Raining again this afternoon. Looked out the window and I saw a little old man, in a large boat, loaded with a bunch of animals two by two. :eek:

Saw a bunch of Canada Geese in the open field across the street. They don't want to fly any further north until they get a break in the weather.
Weather is so much like fall, I went to Schutts Cider Mill on Plank Road yesterday, and got some of their great cider, and their Fresh Homemade Fried Cakes (Donuts). Just like autumn.

To keep this thread Taurus related, with all the rain, I've become an expert on using the automatic wipers. Headlights must be either on (third position) or in automatic (fourth) position, plus the wiper switch must be at least on the first wipe position. If headlights are on automatic (fourth) position, but lights not yet lighted, they come on when the automatic wipers swipe three or four times.

Can't wait for the weather to break so I can get the car washed.

If I don't get some good weather soon, I'm going to leave for Roswell, although I don't normally go out there until October/November.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Funny, I always associated the term "beaucoup" with valley girls and '80s slang.

As for where the G6s are, they're all here in Texas. I swear I see them EVERYWHERE!

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
Also long used by Southern French Creole people and descendents, but gained widespread national use during and after Vietnam War. Yeah, my wife calls me a font of useless knowledge.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I travel to France every few years. Wanted to go this year, but the dollar is so low compared to the Euro, that we are putting it off a little longer. Sometimes go into Italy, but we love the French countryside. (anything outside the big cities). I normally lease (lease, not rent) a Renault Laguna and drive all over. I lease anywhere from 21 days up to 7 weeks. We just love the small country towns and small country roads. visit www.renaultusa.com for lease rates. Never had a problem with them since I started using their service back in 1989. Its nice to be double retired <grin>.

First started using Beaucoup when I was a young sailor stationed in northern Germany, and have been using the term (plus Beaucoup Bucks) ever since.

BTW, saw some sunshine today. Don't know how long this is going to last, but I went and got the car washed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Back to where are all the Gen 6 Taurus'.

Today, I saw my second Gen 6 Taurus. In addition, a few days ago, I visited a dealer who used to be Ford only. Not a very big dealer. (I was not impressed with them). They changed hands a few months ago, and are now a Ford/Lincoln Dealer.
They had no Taurus' on their lot. Lots of Lincoln MKZ's but no Taurus'.
Yesterday, I stopped at another large Ford dealer. Of the hundreds of cars on his lot, he had five Taurus SEL's. No Limiteds or anything else, just five SEL's.

In addition, you just can't believe how many people stop me and tell me what a great looking car it is, and that they have never seen one before.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Seeing more and more

A company on the way to work always has their Taurus Fleet parked so everyone driving by can see. I liked the gen5 but not too stylish but good gas mpg and peppy. But the gen6 is a head turner. Glad Ford got rid of the all chrome front, the gen6 still has some chrome but not as prominent. Anyway, I have had my 2010 Limited for two weeks now. Not sure about the trans yet, maybe jus getting use to the difference of driving an Aurora 8 cyl to a 6cyl. Maybe w/ some more miles it wont seem to chug when take foot off pedal. I will say the mpg is surprising me, second fill up (I also calculate by hand at each fill up and notice the computer is usually 1 - 1.5 mpg higher than manual calculation) and it displays 24.3 mpg (using non-ethanol gas 87), that is mostly in town w/ some country (70 / 30 split). Pure hwy mpg not as good but it only has 4600 miles on it. Maybe have to take couple of long rides for the mpg to kick in. Tonight I am looking for threads on the best products and methods for keepting the bull looking nice and protected. The dealership sure did a nice job, it sparkles. I just want to lean how they do that to keep my new car looking nice inside and out.

·
Registered
65 Posts
What year does the gen6 start ? I have a 2009 SEL and the only thing i do not care for is the chrome grill and chrome around the fog lights. If i could find black replacements i would be sooooo happy :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I now see more and more of them, which started with the 2010's. I guess they are catching on, although I'm often asked, "what is that", and "I've never seen those before".

Drove through my Florida dealer lot a couple days ago, and he had eleven new Taurus' in a row. Thats the most I've seen in one place.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Was someone asking where is there a Gen6?? :cool_shades:

Oh yea btw, forgot post up a few of my other recent mods completed just a mere few weeks ago........

REAR ROOF WINDSHIELD SPOILER:

LOWER FRONT CHIN SPOILER:

More pics and stats can be found in the "My Garage" tab located under my screen name.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts