Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took submariner's advice and bought a wired FM transmitter/modulator. Now I need to get the thing hooked up, the antenna hookup is easy and so is the ground, but I don't know where to get power from. Can I use the RCU itself somehow? Can I clip a wire in that area and connect the unit? My car is a 2004 Sable LS with the Mach system and the automatic climate controls.

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
There is a power antenna wire that is back there. It is switched on when the radio is on. I don't know what color wire it is, as I have a GIII. But if you are looking for a control wire that one will work well.

As far as a constant, you will have to run power from the battery.

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
on the Gen 3's there is a red/pink wire next to the antenna that is constant. It is larger gauge than the other wires around it. It is for the optional CD changer / mobile phone. I used to install my power antenna.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I've got a 2000 Taurus. Back near the RCU there is a little connector attached to the wall (only a few inches away). I'm not sure if this is for a power antenna or CD-changer.

There are three wires in this connector:
Code:
Red/Gray     - ??? (Signal ?)
Red/Yellow   - Constant 12V+
Purple/Black - ACC 12V+
The Purple/Black is what I am currently using to turn on my amps when I turn on my car. That's what you are looking for. If you don't have anything similar just attack everything with a multimeter. That's how I figured these out. (PS. You can use the RCU as a ground point.)

Derek

1 - 5 of 5 Posts