Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2000 taurus low beams shut off when I switch to high beams.

Wondering if that is normal?

All other cars i've had when high beams are switched on the low beams stay on so you get the maximum amount of lighting in front of your vehicle.

For whatever its worth, if I pull back on the stick like im flashing someone, then both high beams and low beams stay lit until I let go of the stick.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
9,635 Posts
My 2000 taurus low beams shut off when I switch to high beams.

Wondering if that is normal?

All other cars i've had when high beams are switched on the low beams stay on so you get the maximum amount of lighting in front of your vehicle.

For whatever its worth, if I pull back on the stick like im flashing someone, then both high beams and low beams stay lit until I let go of the stick.

Thanks guys.
Yes that is the case for G-4 and earlier at least.
My Buick Lucerne has both on in high beam.

G-4 lamps cannot take the heat of both on at the same time.

Lamps are hot at all times, the switches ground them to turn them on. "ground switching". Each lamp separate fuse.

-chart-

·
Registered
716 Posts
The My Montego has both when I switch on high beams. I dont know if that has something to do with the factory installed HID's, or if its just the way the G5's were made.

My Envoy does what your Taurus does. For my truck, there is a kit to stop that from happening, I just cant shut the truck off with the high beams on, as they wont shut off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts