Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and it kept om spinning it didn't stop like the right wheel did. It just jut kept on spinning i didn't hear no noise though what would cause this?

Taurus 96 ohv

·
Registered
402 Posts
Worn bearings maybe. Grab the tire at 9 and 3 o'clock and rock, any play? (not counting rack movement)

Edit - We talking the rear tire? They're supposed to have a bit of drag for the parking brake system. If there's none you should adjust the star wheel until it starts to drag.l

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Worn bearings maybe. Grab the tire at 9 and 3 o'clock and rock, any play? (not counting rack movement)

Edit - We talking the rear tire? They're supposed to have a bit of drag for the parking brake system. If there's none you should adjust the star wheel until it starts to drag.l
front tires

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was in park also while am driving at like 20. - 45 mph my stering wheel shakes but not my wheels at high speed it doesn't shake

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
If both front wheels are off the ground at the same times, the wheels are free to spin because of the differential. (IE: if you turn the left wheel forward, then right will begin to rotate backwars at the same time. If you only have one wheel jacked off the ground while the other front wheel is in contact with the ground, then the wheel will not turn. This is normal in park because you are not turning anything in the transmission, you are only turning the differential.

Does the steering wheel shake when braking or just driving at those speeds? If it shakes while driving and not braking you may need to have the tire balance checked, check for seevrely scalloped tires, wheel bearing gone bad, tie rod loose, etc.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If both front wheels are off the ground at the same times, the wheels are free to spin because of the differential. (IE: if you turn the left wheel forward, then right will begin to rotate backwars at the same time. If you only have one wheel jacked off the ground while the other front wheel is in contact with the ground, then the wheel will not turn. This is normal in park because you are not turning anything in the transmission, you are only turning the differential.

Does the steering wheel shake when braking or just driving at those speeds? If it shakes while driving and not braking you may need to have the tire balance checked, check for seevrely scalloped tires, wheel bearing gone bad, tie rod loose, etc.
hi maybe i was going mad i jacked the car up today jacked one side at a time car in park rotated the tires both side stopped normally i guess they stop when you spin them because the parking prawl is engaged. I also tried moving/ shaking the tires in the 9 and 3 and 12 and 6 position and there is no play at all but yet my steering wheel is shaking not that bad at low speed, am gonna get a tire balance at the front tires and see what happens.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
peterf1992
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing