Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a pic of this speedo on eBay. It said it came from a 98 Taurus IIRC. I never remembered them putting speedos with 10 MPH increments in 98's-99's... and if they were, it wasn' with this font shown on this speedo (much like the one they used in gen4's until 04)

Attachments

·
Registered
790 Posts
that's the speedo in my dad's 99 waggon......... i totally wanna swap for the one that's in mine..... mines the 110 speedo

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
That looks absolutly nothing like a Ford Taurus OEM speedometer. Possibly, someone put that in as a custom gauge. Looks very similar to some sort of GM sedan speedometer...

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Originally posted by Nick986@Oct 15 2004, 11:31 PM
That looks absolutly nothing like a Ford Taurus OEM speedometer. Possibly, someone put that in as a custom gauge. Looks very similar to some sort of GM sedan speedometer...
That's OEM. I've seen it in more than a few GenIII's, but I've never taken note of what trim level I was sitting in at the time. :oops:

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
It's a standard Gen III speedo, the only difference between mine and that one is that the km/h numbers are red. Other than that, it's identical. It's probably just one of the many random parts that Ford threw into some of the Gen IIIs.

JR

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Yep have that one in my 98 SE, although the KPH numbers are red in that pic and white on my guages.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Could it be a Winstar speedo? I have never seen that speedo on a Taurus/Sable

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Originally posted by fordaspiregv@Oct 16 2004, 02:09 PM
Could it be a Winstar speedo? I have never seen that speedo on a Taurus/Sable
No. '95-98 Windstars had a cluster similar to the G2s and '99-'03 have a non-modular cluster (the whole thing is one "sheet" like the G1s).

For some reason, I'm thinking it's from a T-Bird.

·
Registered
511 Posts
85mph speedos rock!

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Definitly not T-Bird. T-Bird was discontinued in 1997 and still had the Taurus speedo with orange needles. Thats a Taurus speedo.

-Kyle

1 - 16 of 16 Posts