Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
like inch wise?? Id say 16 or 17" as far as bolt pattern Im always possitive your bull is a 5x108 thats what my gen 3 is.....comeone correct me if Im wrong, yeah when I got my 17"s I had to get just the right size tires to makes the speedo correct, what a pain, but trust me it makes your car a lot funner to drive when u got aftermarket wheels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Numbers to pay attention to:

Bolt pattern: 5x108mm or 5x4.25"

Offset: Between 38mm--42mm is ideal but I've had wheels with a 45mm offset before.

As for the size, it really depends on what someone can afford. We all know the bigger wheels look better but if you don't have the cash, you don't have the cash. And like wheels, the bigger the tire the more the cost goes up.

ALWAYS check eBay for wheels and tires, you can find much better deals on there over paying out the arse for new ones. Infact, my last three sets of wheels have been bought/sold over eBay.

Here are some key searches to type in (remember to check the "In titles and desrciptions" box):
5x108
5x108mm
5x4.25
5-108

Other searches you can try without the box checked:
Volvo wheels / rims
Taurus wheels / rims
Cougar wheels / rims
Thunderbird wheels / rims
Lincoln wheels / rims

Just make sure that the offset and bolt pattern is correct before you buy anything and you'll be set.

BTW, here's an awesome deal on some I found:
eBay 18's

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
Those would look fugly on a gen 3.

96-99 taurus...the only car a normal 5 spoke wheel doesn't look good on. lol. IMO IMO IMO IMO

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I happen to have a set of the RS5 in a 18" wheel. They look NICE.

Since I put them on, I have noticed alot more people turn their heads when I go by. Twilight may not like them, but I doubt he has seen them in person. When I went to Bob's one weekend I had them on and it seemed like everyone liked them, no bad comments. I wish I had pics of them on the car but, their sitting in my room now, waiting for spring to come around. with tires I have it's a perfect combo. BF Goodrich G Force T/A KDW, kinda has a flaming pattern.

I got mine for 1441.00 that included everthing. Wheels and tires, tires were mounted and balanced, some specail road matching thing was done to all the wheel and tires (kinda like balancing, but better), lug nuts and key, shipping & handling. But the morons sent me a 4 lug kit. I called them right away and I got the 5 lug kit (w/ key) 2 days later. So now I have an extra 20 lug nuts and a key. It's good to have 2 keys, when all the lug nuts require the key.

So I say go for it. Your car is the same color as mine and I'm sure you'll love them. I will try and post a pic of them later.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Well if you click on my name and go to my home page at super ford, you will see the pics. One of them is kinda crappy, I might retake the pic

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
If price may be a problem, I'd suggest going with the sable wheels. They look nice too but, how can ya fit the 13" rotor kit in their.

I'm sure the brakes weren't on your list but, after you get 17" or 18" wheels. They will be

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have a question. How would someone go about finding the right bolt pattern while searching on ebay. Because it seems to me that no one puts the bolt pattern in the description.

·
Registered
151 Posts
no matter what, go aftermarket for rims, it adds for personality to your car, I like that dual exhaust its different!!! off to every flowmaster style exhaust......I like

1 - 20 of 31 Posts