Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yeah... the T-Bird fanblades... I finally went to give them a cleaning and they are in truly awful condition. They need a new coat of paint.

The question is... what color???

I'm not too familiar with painting wheels... does high heat engine paint have to be used?

I am thinking maybe gunmetal? IDk. what do you guys suggest?

I also can get a good deal on getting them painted at the Ford dealership's body shop... so I'm thinking maybe one of Ford's current car colors. Maybe the dark silver used on the Mustang? idk.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Silver or black. Gunmetal looks silly on Tan.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Then it would have to be silver cause I don't want to do black. For sure.

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
If you want a retro Euro look, chocolate brown or bronze would work -- in color tech talk, any color that's a different value of the tan hue... value = lighter or darker.

Or go with the complementary color -- which is slate blue.

Maybe post a side view photo and have people photoshop colors you and they suggest?

Not so hot photoshopping from an online ad for a gold Taurus:
[attachment=29473:TrashChocolate.jpg]
[attachment=29474:TrashDkBlue.jpg]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
they do make special paint for painting your wheels. i spent 15 bucks when i did my wheels, i would assume most auto parts stores can get it. i got mine at napa. only problem i have had is the part of the wheel i did not paint (the flat top part of the spokes) still had the factory clear on it and the new clear coat didnt like that so this last winter it crackled really bad

·
Registered
290 Posts
fanblades are 15's or 16's... I keep forgetting.....

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
15 inches... why?

·
Registered
73 Posts
QUOTE (Sean T. @ May 12 2009, 12:38 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=724484
Then it would have to be silver cause I don't want to do black. For sure.[/b]
I bought some blades recently and I've been trying to figure out what color to paint them as well. I'm leaning towards silver. If I thought they'd look good in bronze I'd consider it. I don't want anything too dark since it'll make the already small-ish 15's look smaller.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts