Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found these wheels and I really like them. Haven't found a definite price, but looks to be $175 ea.

17x7
5x108
45mm offset

Opinions?

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found them for $160 like in the picture and $170 with hyperblack centers and silver outer rims.

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
I like them too. $160 seems kinda high for a brand I've never heard of.

45mm offset may require a small spacer to prevent the tire from rubbing the strut and inner fender liner at full steering lock, esp. if you use a 225 or wider tire.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by spridget@Apr 14 2004, 05:11 PM

45mm offset may require a small spacer to prevent the tire from rubbing the strut and inner fender liner at full steering lock, esp. if you use a 225 or wider tire.
At some point you learned of a company called O.Z. Racing right? I mean you didn't know of them from birth. Did you question there $253 dollar Taurus wheel price?

ACE is a company from Korea. Probably make OEM wheels. I think a lot of Ford's OEM wheels are coming out of Korea someplace.

$160 for a 17" wheel is about average and choices are limited for the Taurus as it is, so I won't split hairs.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by spridget@Apr 14 2004, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the tip/reminder. You mentioned this in another post about wheels I made. Kinda forgot about it till I read your post.

A 3/16" spacer is 4.75mm Which would be about perfect. No all I gotta do is find some.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
All I have to say about open wheel designs is that you need to dress up the brakes behind them because they'll become part of what people will be looking at...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not getting into that. If someone doesn't like my stock brackes behind the 17" wheels, well I don't really give a [email protected]%T. At a glance it'll look just fine. Now if I was building a show car, maybe I'd get into that. But for a daily driver, I've got more importent things to spend my payola on.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yeah.. painted calipers is pretty easy... (If a bit time consuming)

I had to change my rotors and pads recently and decided to paint my calipers as i was changing them..

Once done though they sure look nice... and when the wheels are at spin they look extra sweet!!!

Not bad eh?

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Originally posted by tjm73+Apr 15 2004, 08:17 AM-->QUOTE (tjm73 @ Apr 15 2004, 08:17 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-spridget
@Apr 14 2004, 05:11 PM
At some point you learned of a company called O.Z. Racing right? I mean you didn't know of them from birth. Did you question there $253 dollar Taurus wheel price?

ACE is a company from Korea. Probably make OEM wheels. I think a lot of Ford's OEM wheels are coming out of Korea someplace.

$160 for a 17" wheel is about average and choices are limited for the Taurus as it is, so I won't split hairs.
[/b]
I've never paid more than $130 per wheel for wheels. $160 is average, I agree, but I would expect ACE to be cheaper.... especially if they are from Korea. These aren't Italian or German rims....

·
Registered
423 Posts
Originally posted by tjm73@Apr 15 2004, 09:20 AM
A 3/16" spacer is 4.75mm Which would be about perfect. No all I gotta do is find some.
Ask and ye shall receive:

5mm spacers

My old 18's were 7.5" wide with a 45mm offset(originally for a Jaguar) and I used 5mm spacers to push the offset out to 40mm. You might want to find out if you're going to need hub-centric rings as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts