Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased a new 2013 Ford Taurus SEL in December 2012. To date, I have approximately 3000 miles on the car. Beginning the first time I drove the car, I noticed a high-speed wobble that begins at approximately 65 miles an hour and continues up through to about 80. Below 55 the steering is solid. I've taken the car back to the dealer, they have examine the front tires for a defective belt, they also spin balanced the tires. The Dealer has informed me that the car is operating normally and the feeling that I am experiencing in the steering wheel is normal road noise. I on the other hand, know something is not right. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where or what I may do next?

·
I Drive A Fuze
3,053 Posts
Take it to another dealer for a second opinion.

·
Administrator
14,337 Posts
NO vibration is 'normal'. It's the dealer not wanting to lay claim to an issue because it's a brand new car. I'll bet it sat on the lot too long and the tires suffered. Get them to swap the wheels/tires from another car on the lot to see if the problem goes away. That will tell you if it's the tires or not. Dealers dont highway test cars so if it happens at highway speeds(65+) they wont be able to duplicate the issue, and ont do a damn thing about it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I purchased a new 2013 Ford Taurus SEL in December 2012. To date, I have approximately 3000 miles on the car. Beginning the first time I drove the car, I noticed a high-speed wobble that begins at approximately 65 miles an hour and continues up through to about 80. Below 55 the steering is solid. I've taken the car back to the dealer, they have examine the front tires for a defective belt, they also spin balanced the tires. The Dealer has informed me that the car is operating normally and the feeling that I am experiencing in the steering wheel is normal road noise. I on the other hand, know something is not right. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where or what I may do next?
I had a similar shimmy that was caused by a bad belt in a rear tire.
Surprised me, I would have thought front wheels out of balance.

·
Registered
22 Posts
what I thought was "low speed wobble" turned out to be PS pulsing (at about frequency of wheel turning at 5-15mph) if slightest pressure applied to steering wheel but not actually turning.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts