Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[attachmentid=27742]

Does anybody know what this wheel cover is originally from? I found it along the side of the road, and it fits my 16" rims....there arent any symbols on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
402 Posts
:dunno: I have no idea. But let me get this straight you find one hub cap so you stop and pick it up...aren't you three short from matching now. :headscratch:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
one of my alloy rims bent awhile back and I got a steel one to replace it....so anything looks better than black steel

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
Looks like some cheap aftermarket replacement.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
:dunno: I have no idea. But let me get this straight you find one hub cap so you stop and pick it up...aren't you three short from matching now. :headscratch:
[/b]
I do that all the time! It;s fun :p

Just curious, what alloy wheels do you have?

And it's definitely a cheap aftermarket. AFAIK, all OEM hubcaps have symbols on them.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
2000-early 05 Taurus hubcaps have no logo on them....same with 2000-5 Sable hubcaps.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
huh... I never noticed that before. :dunno: but I don't think I've ever seen hubcaps like the one posted.

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
How is that cover held on?

Gen 4 factory plastic wheel covers are held on by the fake lugnuts, which thread onto the actual lug nuts. No clips on the circumference.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
I do that all the time! It;s fun :p

[/b][/quote]

same here. thats how i got my supersweet olds hubcap thats hanging on the bedroom wall

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How is that cover held on?

Gen 4 factory plastic wheel covers are held on by the fake lugnuts, which thread onto the actual lug nuts. No clips on the circumference.
[/b]

It has several "tabs" that stick out and hook into where the "holed" part of the rim connects to the tire portion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts