Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I missed another thread of the same I am sorry, but I didn't find it; but thought it would be interesting to see what every gets as far as MPG on there bull.

I am currently getting 22 City and 27 Highway on my 98 Duratech. :wub:

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
18-20 'city' (It's moderately light suburb traffic, actually) and 25-27 'highway' (@ 70+ mph)

:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brian I am in the same traffic as you are. Got to love the rush hour though, 53 is a mobile parking lot... Dx

huh, 2 out of 2 so far and the 'tec is matching vulcans. wow...

·
Registered
833 Posts
Yeah I'd like to know what everyone considers "city" driving.

My message center says 19.7mpg. New battery 2 weeks ago. Driving around the suburbs of Boston, downtown Boston, Southie, Dorchester, and I think 15 minutes on the Pike. So I'm not saying city or highway...

·
Registered
955 Posts
I live in Florida and now is the A/C part of the season. But throughout the year my daily driving (city but not total stop and go) is 18-19 mpg. There is more highway driving and it is at an average speed of 80 mph. I average 24-26 mpg on the highway miles.

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
QUOTE (Zenigata @ Jun 2 2010, 07:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808828
Brian I am in the same traffic as you are. Got to love the rush hour though, 53 is a mobile parking lot... Dx

huh, 2 out of 2 so far and the 'tec is matching vulcans. wow...[/b]
I take IL-72 and IL-58; they've been flowing smooth at rush hour. :cool_shades:

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
In my signature>>> Usually around 22

·
Registered
53 Posts
QUOTE (austex04 @ Jun 2 2010, 07:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808834
I've been using my a/c, so my mpg dropped to 23mpg around town, and 27-28mpg hwy.[/b]
reading this thread and I dont feel so bad anymore. I do alot of driving, so I use the a/c alot, and the best I got was 23mpg. lowest about 18!

one of my tires is going bad, so when I'm flying on the highway I get a little shaky. with my job, mpg is important :(

(looks like my signature is making me a liar, havent added some fillups lol)

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Currently its crappy since my power streering pump and pulley is having problems, meaning, it needs to be replaced so I have less restriction.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
My gen 2 Vulcan averages about 20 give or take a little... at its worst with dirty injectors i was averaging 18

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Daily use is around 21-23.5 city; 24-27 highway.
When using it with the state police the mpg is around 15-17.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts