Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did do a search and came up with nothing as to a previous post on this.

I rock out on the floor.

If you look you can see my old 4.3 that was in my Astro in the back there, my two turbos, and a bunch of 2.3t stuff. I was going to organize it all then i lost interest and it just sat there. My half gutted LIM for the SHO and my spare upper(scored for $10!) are chilling there too.

I really should clean that place up, but its such a task and i dont feel like it.

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts

Some pictures are older - the garage is now much cleaner/more organized than it looks in those pictures. Also, the garage door in a couple pictures is actually the back garage door that leads out into the back yard. The front garage door is much larger.

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Daniel, I'm moving in with you.

JR [/b]
It does have a room above the garage too that you're welcome to make into an apartment (have a toilet for it, just have to plumb it in):

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I'm just hoping we're able to move to North Carolina soon. Then, I will have at least a two car garage, and a room above the garage, exactly like what you have, though the room over the garage would be finished, and would become two offices and a room with a pool table (since my wife and I would likely be working virtually). While my garage is tough to fit a car and tools in, width-wise, the garages down there are easy enough to fit two cars, plus baker's racks on one wall, and a decent sized work area on the other wall.

JR

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
All of you have such clean garages...

It has been like this for 2 years now (It use to be worse)

In my defense we plan on getting rid of at least half of the crap within the next month or two.

Moving from a house to a smaller townhouse is not easy:

·
Registered
790 Posts
I don't normally show off and brag a whole lot, but seeing as how we'll probably be moving out of this house since my dad is an idiot and left my mom, I thought i'd enjoy our HUGE freakin house while we still have it.

So here goes..... FREAKIN HUGE garage for nuts!

I start out in the basement and go up the 6ft wide loader staircase, complete with outside access via another set of 6ft double doors. Then peek around the corner into the garage proper.

[attachmentid=23070]
[attachmentid=23071]
[attachmentid=23072]
[attachmentid=23073]
[attachmentid=23074]
[attachmentid=23075]
[attachmentid=23076]
[attachmentid=23077]
[attachmentid=23078]

And these are my babies :)

[attachmentid=23079]
[attachmentid=23080]
[attachmentid=23081]
[attachmentid=23082]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
I'm jealous of anyone who has concrete.

All of you have such clean garages...

It has been like this for 2 years now (It use to be worse)
[/b]
If anyone thinks that's bad you have seen nothing. When I go home for Christmas I'll get some pictures of my shop. It actually looks better now since the Jeep is gone, I threw out a bunch of stuff, and one of the boats is up for sale.

Then, to show how much worse it can get beyond that, I'll get some pictures of my grandpa's garage (where I'll hopefully be swapping in the 403) and his barn.

My garage here in Duluth has the outside of a '93 Sable on one half and the inside of a '93 Sable on the other.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
hey ryan...our dogs could be family...looks like mine has shorter hair though....
hey both have spots too like little piggies. ha ha

Attachments

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
<div class='quotemain'> Daniel, I'm moving in with you.

JR [/b]
It does have a room above the garage too that you're welcome to make into an apartment (have a toilet for it, just have to plumb it in):

[/b][/quote]

dont worry about the toilet just let me play those drums and i would be fine :)

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
That set is actually setup now - I've been teaching myself how to play. They used to be my little sister's drums, but because of carpal tunnel she can't play anymore. The bass setup is my practice cabinet with my performance head - practice head and performance cab are up there now as well.

So I just calculated the cost of insulating the attic - 1500Sq Ft with insulating the roof..... right around $1K.

I think I'm going to go lay down and have a heart attack now...

·
Premium Member
8,863 Posts
So I just calculated the cost of insulating the attic - 1500Sq Ft with insulating the roof..... right around $1K.

[/b]
... ouch, I feel that one!

I just insulated the attic in my house because apparently nobody felt that was important enough to do! HUGE difference - it feels so much nicer now! B)

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
That set is actually setup now - I've been teaching myself how to play. They used to be my little sister's drums, but because of carpal tunnel she can't play anymore. The bass setup is my practice cabinet with my performance head - practice head and performance cab are up there now as well.

[/b]
are you gonna insulate it yourself?... you could always use shredded newspaper to insulate it :p , i saw it on home improvement one time, thats a great show

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
That won't work when you have to hang the insulation between overhead joists unfortunately.

If you look in the attic picture you'll notice one small piece of insulation hanging there - the only piece in the entire roof. I was coming home one afternoon and looked at the roof of the garage - there was one very small section of the roof with snow on it and everything else was bare. Guess what was on the other side of that small section of roof...

BTW, I should mention the garage has a heated floor.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
That won't work when you have to hang the insulation between overhead joists unfortunately.

If you look in the attic picture you'll notice one small piece of insulation hanging there - the only piece in the entire roof. I was coming home one afternoon and looked at the roof of the garage - there was one very small section of the roof with snow on it and everything else was bare. Guess what was on the other side of that small section of roof...

BTW, I should mention the garage has a heated floor.
[/b]
i wouldnt figure it would be that much if you insulate it yourself still

a heated floor?... thats awesome, i would never need one down here though.. i wore shorts today.. its still hot :angry:

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Tiny ass garage at my parent's place (where I do all my car work since my dad has more tools than the simple socket set I have):

BTW, I'm pretty sure the Taurus won't fit. They said they got the Windstar to fit, but that's gotta be tight considering a Sable and a Focus barely fits!

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
At least you people have a garage to store your cars in. I can't for two reasons. First, the builder designed it wrong. Made the door on the wrong side. So instead of being a 2 car garage that will fit cars because of the length, it's a 2.5 car garage that won't fit any cars in there except for one side (I"ll post pics later when I get home).

But second because of all the crap that is in there :-/

1 - 20 of 36 Posts