Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

February Poll

• Total voters
161 - 180 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
2008 and 2009 should have there own category...absolutely positively NOTHING like the 2007 or the 2010... So my fave is the gen 6, or are we purposely forgetting about the 2008 Ford 500 er, em --- I mean Taurus? :banana:

·
Registered
151 Posts
2008 and 2009 should have there own category...absolutely positively NOTHING like the 2007 or the 2010... So my fave is the gen 6, or are we purposely forgetting about the 2008 Ford 500 er, em --- I mean Taurus? :banana:

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
QUOTE (ragjungle @ Oct 16 2009, 11:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=760543
2008 and 2009 should have there own category...absolutely positively NOTHING like the 2007 or the 2010... So my fave is the gen 6, or are we purposely forgetting about the 2008 Ford 500 er, em --- I mean Taurus? :banana:[/b]
What?

The 2010 is, essentially, a re-skinned 2008-2009. Underpinnings are all the same, non-SHO powertrain is the same, etc.

Now that it's been brought up, maybe it's time to close down this thread (or at the very least get it off the main page) seeing that it's a little outdated.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Generation 1 was my favorite of all time. It wasn't the best mechanically, my floor rotted out, it went through two transmissions, it stalled at every red light, the radio was stuck on for years.

But I loved that car. It was great. It was so fun to drive. My Gen 3's may be superior in mechanical quality, but I could never like them the same way I liked that Gen 1.

·
Registered
131 Posts
i have to say gen 4 ....its the first bull ive own all cars before this one where all stangs and one crown vic
i must admit i really like my sillver bullet nice ride ,hadles fair for a mis size sedan and is sleek body curves and it cheap it fix if something goes on her

·
Registered
6 Posts
:D That's easy! Generation four. I just can't resist the looks, the interior, and the reliability. I am from Chicago, and I remember in 1999 when the Chicago Sun Times had a whole insert on the new 2000 Taurus, from a diagram of the assembly line, all the way to details of how they had to retool the Torrence Ave. Taurus/Sable plant to manufacture these new cars. It was close to home, not to mention all the years of driving down to Florida and passing the old Hapeville plant in Georgia.
The Taurus has always been a big part of my life, and between my dad, aunt, uncle, and me, we have had all four generations. All great cars.
The thing I love the most about generation four, is that it drives as nice as a luxury real wheel drive car (in my opinion). I had a 1991 Lincoln Town Car, and I by nature do not like front wheel drive cars, due to the steering, the ride, and the fact that I am just old school. The first time I drove a generation three, I fell in love with the ride. Then again the same with generation four. I have a 2006, and dad has a 2001. Both fine, quality, durable and dependable cars.
As for 2010, lets see how it goes. I am already trying to figure when I will eventually have this new generation!!!! :D

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Gen 2 and 4

The 2008-09 and 10+ are something to get used to. They're just tall and the rearend of the 2010 meh.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
I chose Gen 4 because that's what I have. If Ford had kept the SHO for the fourth generation, it would be hands down my favorite. But I still really like the Gen 3 body style, and the SHO version is AMAZING! :wub: That's what i really want to get... B)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well..........given that I have a Gen3, I'm gonna have to go with, well, the Gen3

lol, but honestly, it was a big surprise when I first got my 99 SE last year

I always used to think of them as the "tortoise", but hell, after the first drive, I was hooked

Second would be the Gen4, given they have sort of the same body style, but a more refined front end

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
i like the looks of the body in the gen 2 but the quality of the interior of gen 3 and 4 is really hard to beat

161 - 180 of 213 Posts
About this Discussion
212 Replies
179 Participants
lambdapro
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing