Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

February Poll

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
gen II's baby those are the ones....at least for the SHO. Notta one V-8 sho...gen III...could fu*k with that yamaha v6. Looking for a low mileage '95 if anyone knows someone who has one let me know please.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Despite having owned a Gen IV and loving the style, I have to say that I really like the Gen III the best - particularly the SHO. I feel that the Gen III body could sell in today's market with some slight improvements in treatment and appointments on the inside and out. At the very least, the Gen III was far ahead of it's time and was a bold move for Ford.

·
Registered
95 Posts
[attachmentid=16289]Gen.#3 I would say is the best with the V8 SHO and the Duratec motor.Can't wait to see Gen.#5 with the 3.5L duratec. and maybe a new SHO with the 4.4L Volvo motor :thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
279 Posts
Great poll... interesting that so many people already have 5th generation Taurus's.
[/b]
Ooops, you weren't supposed to know that. Ford got me mine for evaluation, but no one's supposed to know, hee hee
:p

·
Registered
853 Posts
Great poll... interesting that so many people already have 5th generation Taurus's.
[/b]
I hijacked Alan Mulally, and took a prototype for a joyride. :ph34r:

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

That's not what I heard. I heard he shoved you in the trunk and then went to the Taco Bell drive-thru. :p

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

That's not what I heard. I heard he shoved you in the trunk and then went to the Taco Bell drive-thru. :p
[/b][/quote]
Word on the streets at @ 8 Mile was Mulally pushed the Taurus into the Rouge River after the Taco Bell drive thru...

·
Registered
853 Posts
Naah, I escaped the trunk because he forgot about the inside trunk release :ph34r:

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
Gen 4 for me. Had a Gen I and a II. The 4 is more refined, 24v motor faster and good on fuel.
Haven't driven a "500" yet so the jury's out but a AWD version may be my next car since I'm in the NE after I finally wear out the '00 Sable.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Definetely Gen 1

I've only owned a Gen 1

Driven a Gen 2 Sable multiple times

been in a Gen 3 multiple times

Driven a Gen 4

but its not really all whats under the hood that interests me.....i mean, if it runs, no problem

but its definetely the Gen 1 that caught my eye the most after looking at them all

especially those bigger lightbars!

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Well I'm like you all. I love all the versions. I have only owned the Vulcan versions of each, never driven a SHO, but know how to drool over them... ;)

I chose the Gen III. I am one of the few that like the "Oval" window. It's unique and in most colors it looks very good.

The Gen IV is good too, but I am not totally happy with the interior. The exterior looks good, and has great aftermarket body kits.

It would not be fair to judge the Gen V yet as it is not available. Though the entusiasm for that car is very high! :) I can't wait for them to hit the streets. I hope that aftermarket upgrades will be readily available for them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hold great respect for all taurii ( and sables), but i own the gen4 and id like to see its design given the power and heart of a gen3 sho, aka ENGINE SWAP! :x:

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
I have both generation 1 and 2 but by this summer my favorite will be generation 5 because that is what will be in my garage.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I would say generation 1 or 2. That was the design that I thought was soo cool about the taurus and also the primary reason why I bought one.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a 1997 wagon and a 2003 wagon, both with 24V engines, I also had a 1995 (Vulcan), so it's easy for me to compare:
The 1995 was a work horse, practical, but nothing else memorable.
The 1997 has a stiff suspension and a snappy tranny, so this baby can fly! The steering and brakes actually let you "feel" the road. Best of all, not a single repair in eleven years :)
The 2003 has a mushy suspension, mushy tranny and feels like a lumbering elephant; if I didn't know better, I'd swear that it weighs 2,000 lbs. more than the 97. Steering and brakes are wayyyyyy too over-powered (no feel). And then there is all the irritating b/s like traction control, climate control, etc. This is definitely an "old geezer" car.

The 1997 Gen3 is the winner by a long shot. I hope it'll last a few more years.

41 - 60 of 214 Posts