Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

February Poll

• Total voters
201 - 216 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Gen 4 for me as well. Of course, I'm biased.

I will say that I've always loved the way that dark green Gen 3 Tauruses or Sables look. Give me one with a 'tec and tan leather and I'd be sold.

·
Premium Member
1,523 Posts
Gen 5
I'm tired of the gen 1 theme

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
im going with the gen 4 simply thats because what i own. i love the 2 tone cloth bucket seats. besides the radio and the heat/ac being on the same unit its what a dash should be very simple and clean looking. the moonroof and rear spoiler is defiantly a nice touch.

·
I Drive A Fuze
3,053 Posts
Gen 4.5 to be exact :p is my favorite...but I'm partial :D

·
Administrator
14,357 Posts
I loved my Gen2 but I'd have to say Gen4 is my favorite. Gen3 my least favorite, Gen5 is a VERY close second.

·
Former Moderpony
1,215 Posts
I think, though I never owned one (I should say I have not yet owned one), that the Gen II does it for me. Especially the sedan (despite the fact that I'm normally a wagon person).

Too hard to rank them all up though. I'd probably say that the 4th gen Sable would be next up.

Look at that body! MMM mmm mmm.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I voted Gen 3...really unique styling...sporty feel when driving...nice low profile.
That's what I ended up with as well. I've always preferred Gen.2 up until I cast eyes upon my luscious '98 SE Comfort and brought her home. ;) Even though there are still styling elements I don't care for on the Gen.3, I actually feel it makes the Gen.2 look a little boring in comparison now that I have warmed to it - especially the interior looks so much better and more modern on the Gen.3. And I have a Gen.2 SHO sitting next to it, so yes, I have done a direct comparison of the two... ;)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Gen 5 - lighter than Gen 6. Top speed estimated 150. 0-140 under a minute. Cheap to purchase.

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi I have a 1997 Sable LS Premiun, Performance White. (as well a 2002 Sable LS Premium, Royal Blue, for my wife) Truthfully, I like my 97 better, feels lighter, nimbler, and still smooth as silk. (about 147K). the 02 may look a little better, but feels heavier, and not as peppy. Also I like aluminum intake manifold on the 97 better than the composite on the 02. thanks, gz

·
Registered
14 Posts
My favorite is Generation 2 - I am on my second 1995 Taurus SW (I'm a lover of SWs). I've had 3 station wagons. A high mileage 1987 that I got in 1995. I fell in love with the Taurus and Sable when I was riding the bus to class my first year in college. But it wasn't until 95 that I was able to buy a second hand one... which I wrecked in 97, but in spite of my heartbreak, it was room for improvement. (the electric red car)

I got the lovely red 1995 and put over 100K on it... it had serious brake issues and I thought my love affair with Taurus wagons was over. For several months I drove another car that almost killed me (probably knew i hated it!)... then i discovered my current one, a lovely Emerald Green 1995, that had been garage kept (truly!) and remains pristine 10 years later. I plan to drive that as long as they let me drive... it may be a long time. I have better luck these days. The same issue that took out the red one was just fixed on the green one. Don't you love technology? I'm very happy. Green is my color.

If I'm ever in a position to do serous work on a car and can somehow find one with enough 'car' left, I plan to do an electric conversion on (preferably in moonlight blue 1995 that I love almost as much as the green) so i can drive it even if they ban or seriously restrict combustion engines...

I'm not fond of gen 3. It was all the wrong changes, particularly the first year. I don't actually have an opinion of the later generations, as I have my car and I've pretty much stopped looking. :cool:

Since 1995, I'm the crazy lady with the Taurus wagon.

·
Registered
214 Posts
That's a tough choice. I've had a few. First one was a '91 Sable wagon, then a '98 Sable sedan, then a '90 Taurus wagon, then I didn't own but had access to a '98 Taurus sedan for a couple of months, and now I have my '95 Taurus sedan.

The '95 is the only one that I haven't driven on the highway. Actually, I barely drive now, since I live in a small town, and most of what I need is within walking distance. But, all of the others have been on two hour plus road trips, and were comfortable, peppy, and got good gas mileage. The '91 Sable didn't feel very nimble, though. The others, I haven't really had on twisty roads.

OK, I can't choose, I'll admit it.

201 - 216 of 216 Posts