1 - 20 of 213 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
I had to go with 4th Gen, I own one and they look sleek

·
Registered
853 Posts
It is a hard call between the G2 and teh G3. I don't like G4's much when it comes to enthuiasm, because it is basically a warned over G3. But when it comes to ownership, the G4 is my favorite choice, mostly because it doesn't have the tendacy of eating transmissions like the first three.

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
i chose g2. we've had all gen's, so i speak from experience. i cant speak for the lower models. cause all we've had are SEs and SHOs. but in stock form the suspension on g2 seemed to be set up much better than the g4. the g3 with the vulcan or tec is an awesome highway car. makes ya feel like ur in nascar. the g2 is a perfect blend of being round and square. the windows are a perfect size. and i love the fact the sides are flat. the buldings exterior door on the g3/4 makes me hate driving them, plus they are very dent prone.
the interior on my g2 is the best out of all gens. the sho seats hug like none other, the dash has an awesome shape and can use aftermarket radios without need of a $60 face. i can move the climate control down in the radio spot and the radio up top if i feel like it. in stock form with stock radio it had buttons to change radio next to gauge cluster.. slightly easier to reach when driving. good idea on fords part.
next on the list is g4 as far as styling and power. blah on the suspension and seats. seats are rock solid. but the dark charcoal interior is a nice touch. the g3 rear end is what kills it for me. it just slopes down too much. the front end on the 98/99 looks fine. and the interior is bareable too due to the better than g4 seats. and our g3 has a limited interior package and got us some awesome seats.. not cloth, not leather.. i think its tweed? no.. i dunno.
thats all for now. a book to come later.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
As much as I love the gen 1 SHO, I had to choose gen3 due to my sable.....thankfully I don't have an oval rear window, and the sable seems to be sleeker that the taurus....

The gen 4 won't get my vote because they made the merc uglier.....
Andrew

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
Gen I. I like the Gen I dash, and the bigger lightbar on the Sable. The Gen II is a close second, and the Gen V is third.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I went with g4 since I own one BUT I also love the G5, and have a spot in my heart for the g3 so it was a toss up

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
You guys all know what I selected! The GEN3 is the ultimate old Taurus! The GEN2 comes in second, my wagon was a pretty nice car when it was running good.

I bet I will get a GEN5 someday though.

·
Premium Member
5,179 Posts
i chose g2. we've had all gen's, so i speak from experience. i cant speak for the lower models. cause all we've had are SEs and SHOs. but in stock form the suspension on g2 seemed to be set up much better than the g4. the g3 with the vulcan or tec is an awesome highway car. makes ya feel like ur in nascar. the g2 is a perfect blend of being round and square. the windows are a perfect size. and i love the fact the sides are flat. the buldings exterior door on the g3/4 makes me hate driving them, plus they are very dent prone.
the interior on my g2 is the best out of all gens. the sho seats hug like none other, the dash has an awesome shape and can use aftermarket radios without need of a $60 face. i can move the climate control down in the radio spot and the radio up top if i feel like it. in stock form with stock radio it had buttons to change radio next to gauge cluster.. slightly easier to reach when driving. good idea on fords part.
next on the list is g4 as far as styling and power. blah on the suspension and seats. seats are rock solid. but the dark charcoal interior is a nice touch. the g3 rear end is what kills it for me. it just slopes down too much. the front end on the 98/99 looks fine. and the interior is bareable too due to the better than g4 seats. and our g3 has a limited interior package and got us some awesome seats.. not cloth, not leather.. i think its tweed? no.. i dunno.
thats all for now. a book to come later.
[/b]

I think you like your G2 the most. lol

Anyways, I like the G1, you know every once in a while walkin to the car i get a certain perspective and its like, man the car looks good. The G1/2 vulcan is by far the easiest set up to work on.
I like the G1. next would be g4. g2/g3 don't matter, they are the same as my other two choices.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
2 > *

Although I still want that black on white '91+! That is the ultimate Taurus IMO.

1 - 20 of 213 Posts
About this Discussion
212 Replies
179 Participants
lambdapro
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing