559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if this is good or bad but some times when I punch
the gas to WOT it kicks then a sec later it feels like it does it agen
while I still have it at WOT

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Do you mean you stomp on the gas and it downshifts, say from 4th (od) to 3rd, and then finally to 2nd?

Depending on the speed your going, if this is what your experiencing, it's normal. The transmission does not shift very fast and when I floor it going like 50 in my car the trans will go from 4th, to 3rd for a sec, and then finally to 2nd, and then once it's time to shift again the trans will go back into 3rd.

If your trans is acting like it's in neutral at any point of the downshift and letting the engine rev up before engaging the next gear and bringing the Rpm's back down then you've got a problem that needs looking into. I'd check the trans fluid and make sure it's full and clean first.

Double clutching is a manual transmission thing, more for very very old transmissions with no synchronisers or for a newer transmission that's either failing, or the synchros are worn badly. When you "double clutch" you depress the clutch pedal and shift into neutral, and then release the clutch. Then you depress the clutch pedal again and then shift up into the next gear. This is a crude way of doing the job of the synchros in the transmission to keep from grinding gears, but if the car has a manual transmission on it that's in working order, there's no need at all to double clutch.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
I thought double clutching ment to do what you described, but when you're in neutral and the clutch is released, you rev the engine to get the RPMs up so it catches better and at the right moment when you put it in gear.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont think the tranns is going I think its going from 4th to 3rd the to 2nd

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Originally posted by Qwertz9586@Sep 19 2004, 10:22 PM
I thought double clutching ment to do what you described, but when you're in neutral and the clutch is released, you rev the engine to get the RPMs up so it catches better and at the right moment when you put it in gear.
That's right, you do that on a downshift, like going from 4th to 3rd.

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
Double clutching? An automatic? Pleeeze!!!!!!

More like ABUSE!!!!!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh I know I abuse it it just weird you have to be in the car to understand it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts