Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

There's my smashed A/C that I've been talking about. But what plug am I holding in my hand? It needs to attach to something, I'm sure, but where does it go? It's attached to the wiring harness at the same point as the plug going to the A/C beside the valve cover. Can a vulcan owner run out to their car, trace the wire & tell me where it goes?

Thanks in advance,

-Dan

·
Registered
955 Posts
I have two pictures here. One is of the A/C Pressure switch that is (on my 01 bull) right in front of the Coolant Overflow Reservoir. The second is of the front engine bay. I tend to believe that yours is the A/C Pressure Cycling Switch because it has 2 wires and not 4 like the one in my front engine bay does.

My pressure switch also has 2 wires.

If anyone knows the name of the 2nd picture, it looks like that connector leads to something from the compressor?

Oh and btw, these were taken with the new HTC Incredible. 8 megapixel camera baby! No more crappy phone pics for me :)

Attachments

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help ricer, but those aren't it. In your first pic, I have a similar connection that's plugged in right now. Your second pic, That's the plug that's smashed on my car (shown in my first pic). The wire that breaks off from that plug is the connection I have. An '01 might have a different harness, 'cause it looks a lot thicker than mine, but it's a long wire and looks like it goes somewhere in the car's unmentionables.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Ok, your PM helped me out. If I understood you, you are trying to figure out where the 'other' part of the harness goes.

I traced it 'forward' and down. It goes underneath the compressor and splits into two more harnesses, each with 2 wires. These connect up to the two O2 sensors from the cat converter. One connects up to the the header pipe just before the cat converter and the other right after the cat converter.

So, I would trace your back and see if you have your O2 sensors still screwed in and if any are missing their connections.

Attachments

·
Registered
833 Posts
It may be temp sensor, which I know in the gen4 is in front of the radiator, behind the grille. If you don't have eatc, like I don't, the connector will be there, but the sensor is not. If you take the grille off you should see the connector sitting iin there.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@ ricer: Nope, my harness's 02 sensor wires branch off somewhere else, and I know for a fact they're all plugged in (I broke ALL of them when I did my engine swap, so all 4 sensors are new & replaced). Thanks a ton for the effort, though. I appreciate your dedication.

If you see my original post, There's the two connectors; the AC compressor one, and the one I'm holding in my hand. The one I'm holding in my hand has a very skinny wire protector with it, so it's only housing the two wires. I'm thinking it's something to do with the rad, but I can't see any plugs anywhere that it might connect to, which is why I'm hoping for somebody to trace it on theirs that's still attached.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (ricer333 @ Jun 3 2010, 01:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808992
well I'm officially stumped then. When you do finally figure it out, please post back. I'd like to know.[/b]
Yeah, I can't see anywhere that it could possibly go, ever. I looked all over the place with a flashlight, I extended it every which way in all directions to see if there was something I missed somewhere. I can't even find a path for it to take somewhere. We're gonna have to wait for somebody with a G3 to trace this out.

Edit: Ok, so the two wires are black/yellow, and grey/white. Black/yellow seems to be one of the wires going to the A/C high pressure switch, which would make sense, but the 2nd wire is pink/light blue, or dark green, white. Grey/white seems to be related to the highbeams, so something's fishy with the colours. So I'm thinking high-pressure switch, but I don't know where that is. Haynes manual fails to come through again.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Found it. It's the compressor clutch connection. Which makes all this trouble SO worthwhile, considering the shape of my compressor as seen in the picture of my first post. Thanks for all the help, though, guys. At least we know where it goes and what it does for when I finally get around to changing out that compressor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts