Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was looking for the pcv vacuum leak and instead found something weird. I have a thin wire that is covered with the plastic heat shield that leads to this 1/4 inch circle plug. It is completely loose! it is running behind the back of the engine pointing towards the passenger side. Do you guys know what wire this is and why it could be dangling there?

·
Registered
142 Posts
You might want to take a pic or two, and post them. It's kind of hard to tell what something is if you can't see it. Good luck.

·
'MT5 Plus' Wagon Builder
1,235 Posts
This sounds more like a vacuum line that runs under the cowl. It should be slipped back into the metal clips that keep the plastic cowl halves sandwiched together. This could be your vacuum leak.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This sounds more like a vacuum line that runs under the cowl. It should be slipped back into the metal clips that keep the plastic cowl halves sandwiched together. This could be your vacuum leak.
Cool ok it kinda looks like a vacuum line. Tomorrow I will look to see if i can connect it there and if not i will take a pic and post it for you guys to see. I temporarily have it cable tied out of the way so it doesnt hit the exhaust and melt at all. that would be bad lol

·
Registered
619 Posts
Probably the wire for the optional oil gauge on the police version. AFAIK, the engine harness had it, even though most were not used. Found it on an 88 and a 91 Vulcan harness.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Probably the wire for the optional oil gauge on the police version. AFAIK, the engine harness had it, even though most were not used. Found it on an 88 and a 91 Vulcan harness.
ty i will try to post a pic for y all today that sounds like what it could be because
it has like a silver inside to it almost looks threaded hmm.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
silver?? like an aluminum foil type stuff???

If so that's a shielded wire.
Hmm its near stuff like that. It tho is black and covered by this plastic ribbed protective tubing. the inside of the wire tho at the end of it is silver and circular about 1/8 inch in diameter. Then that is surrounded by another 1/8 inch of black plastic. it seems like it screws on or snaps on to something. it was just freely dangling back there. I had my transmission worked on this summer maybe they left something unplugged?

Sorry for still not posting the pic guys by the time i remembered to do it today after work it was dark.

·
Registered
619 Posts
That wire probably goes no further than the round 8 pin next to the drivers' strut tower. Easier to run a new wire all the way.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That wire probably goes no further than the round 8 pin next to the drivers' strut tower. Easier to run a new wire all the way.
Cool would i have to cut the wire there and splice in an extra amound to get it to the dashboard? does the oil gauge have to be the one from the police models?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts