Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished my CAI and am trying to figure out what to do with the last hose. Can I disconnect it or does it have to go in?? This hose is the one connected to the "accordein" style hose were the 2 other PCV hoses are connected. This hose goes into a small box on the fire wall with 3-4 other hoses going into it.

Thanx for any help, I will probably put it in since it is really easy to put a small hole in a coupler and slide the hose in.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Are you talking about a vacuum hose? yep, you need it.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has some suction to it. I stuck my fingre on the end while the car was running and it was sucking pretty good.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I decided to put it in. I sliced a small hole so I could push the hose end in and it would fit snug. Well that didn't work as planed. I ended up tearing it a little bit. In other words it didn't make a perfect hole. It does fit but their are 2 small cuts that will definietly let unmetered air in. So I siliconed the hell out it. I gooped it all around the hose and the small cuts. It's not the prettiest site ever but, it should work. I olet dry all day yesterday and last night, just to make sure it was dry.

And I'll try out my new CAI today. With no rain in the forcast for 3-4 days, this should be a great time to do it. I may need to zip tie in an extra piece of plastic to stop addtional water from splashing on my filter that's in the wheel well.

Attachments

S

·
0 Posts
Oh my setup looks good. Glad you're enjoying it. That hose will have to be connected into the first coupler. Just how I showed you in the pictures. That vacuum hose has to do with the regulation of fuel and air. Your vehicle might shoot a trouble code of LEAN. So I tap into the first coupler and run it like that.

Good Luck

Sal

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
There are two hoses attached to the accordion flex before the TB. One goes to the valve covers and is the PCV fresh air make up. The other is for the vapor recovery and power brakes when they need to be vented to atmospheric pressure.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Their are 3 hoses that come off the accordian style hose.
One for each valve cover and one that goes to this "mystery" box. That you can see in one of the pics.
Maybe the SHO ones are different but the Duratec has 3 hoses coming off it. I'm looking at it right now. And if I wasn't on my way to work I would take and than post a pic of it. I'm sure in the garage someone has a pic of the engine and you can probably see all 3 from their.

Non the less it's all hooked up and seems to be running fine. Non codes or anything B)

Dylan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts