Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi TCCA,

RE: 1993 Taurus GL 3.0.

I just finished a dual core radiator replacement (discussed elsewhere on the forum) and now have a cold rough idle until the car warms up for about 5 minutes. When driving, it feels like it has a little misfire.

I have found and repaired one vacuum leak that I created when I bent a vacuum hose during the radiator install. I know that "cold rough idle" is discussed elsewhere on the forum and there's some things I need to check out. My current question is about a turnable black plastic knob on the IAC (Idle Air Control valve). You can see that knob here:
Ford Taurus Idle Air Control Valve - 1986 - 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005

I'm thinking that perhaps my little tool box laying on top of the engine may have turned that knob and is causing my rough idle.

Any idea what the knob is for?

Regards,
Brcobrem

·
Registered
23,350 Posts
For what its worth, ive accidentally and intentionally spun that knob around numerous times with no known ill side effects.

·
Super Moderator
8,586 Posts
Cap on IAC is just a cap. I think it caps a left over hole from the machining process. Cap on EVR has a small filter under it and is an actual vent.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone for the feedback. That's one less thing I have to worry about while debugging my rough idle problem (to be discussed later in existing threads on that subject).

Regards,
Brcobrem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts