Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the name of the fuel tank accessory and where can get it. It seems like fuel tank pressure sensor, and some tubes for ventilation. I broke the blue cylinder when removing it out of the tank. Tried autozone, advance auto parts and oreilly auto parts in my area, no one knows. They suggested me to see NAPA and dealers.

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Where did you break it? I broke the top of mine trying to take it out and posted up here too. Never got a straight answer as to what part # it is, but I think it basically just vents pressure from the tank.

I couldn't get it back in the tank without removing one of the 2 upper gaskets so just put it back. Ran fine afterwards...

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
That looks like the vapor emissions vent valve. You would have to go to the dealer or the boneyard for replacement I would imagine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi guys, I am replacing a tank in a 99 Taurus and have to swap this assembly from the old tank to the new tank. My question is how to remove this without breaking anything. It looks like the large blue canister is 1/4 turn by looking at the new tank, but how do you remove the smaller blue valve near the filler neck? It looks like it has a very thin plastic nut holding it to the tank but seems too thin to actually turn it with anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looks like it is just the rubber gasket holding it in?
Thanks for looking. I noticed that as well, but when looking at the tank location where that large valve is installed I see a flange that looks like 1/4 turn. you can see that here in the pics.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, I tried giving it a a good spray with silicone and still will not move. WD-40 can cause some issues with gaskets so I'm holding off on using that but may have to try that next. I'm sure someone here has done this. I've searched all threads regarding fuel tanks and no info on removing this thing. I did get the large canister disconnected 1/4 left turn and it pulled right out, but this one is starting to annoy me. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yea, only thing I have big enough to fit is a plumbers monkey wrench LOL and it just slips right off and the hex won't budge. I tried tapping it with a flat blade screwdriver and hammer and still won't budge. I don't want to bugger it up too bad with the screw driver since I'll need to move it to the other tank once I get the valve out. I was able to get the blue valve itself to twist but it wont pull upward/out at all.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Finally got it out! Just had to pry it straight up with 2 large flat-blade screwdrivers, one on each side and slowly work it up and out. Tough part was getting past that rib on the valve. I guess that's where the seal actually happens. Thanks for the help Paul I do appreciate that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts